Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
customhelmetsman
jj481012
Mr.Thrawn
Hank
Denal
Alpha Beta
Seven
CaptainLock
Dutch
1 Million Watts of Power
Custom 333
TheMissingPiece
Darman
17 posters

Brick Apocalypse.

Sergeant B
    Sergeant B

Brick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Empty Re: Brick Apocalypse.

Post  Sergeant B Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:11 am

The days have been flying by, it's all the same. Morning. Raid. Noon. Raid. Afternoon. Raid. Night. Zombie attack. I hate it! Things are just too hectic. I haven't been able to get enough sleep since my best friend; Kevin died. He lived a brave life and fought with a determination that I could not have imagined.. It was during an attack at night. It was midnight and we were (as usual) wandering the rundown streets in Docklands when we saw something big and move across the water. I got out my night-vision goggles and zoomed in to see what it was. I dropped them. All along the boat were people. Living humans. At first I was relived when I saw their U.S marines symbol but when they pulled into the port I was proved wrong. A group of survivors ran up to the ship but as soon as the got on, the crew had a little surprise for them. The soldiers crumpled to the ground and standing behind them were zombies. The survivors were torn to shreds by the time me and Kevin got our guns out. We shot anyway, just to show those bastards that we humans are not all easy prey. Kevin was a sniper and i was heavy weapons expert so we made quite a team. Me pulling out my shotgun and Kevin; his sniper. I ran straight at the zombies, ploughing through them while kevin got to the roof of a building and took out any potential dangers from behind me. That was were it all went wrong. Two zombies followed Kevin onto the roof and were slowly but silently approaching him. He was too busy watching over me to notice danger behind himself. I heard his shouts and turned around to see him take out one of the zombies with his pistol. The other was too close. I watched as it shoved it's hands through his chest and began to eat. A red mist surrounded my eyes and I cracked. I crushed every zombie in my path, I sprinted up the building just in time to see the zombie open it's mouth to eat out Kevin's heart. I dropped the shotgun and sprinted faster than ever before. Driven by the fact that this thing in front to me has killed my best friend. I speared it right off the roof. As we fell, I pulled out my knife and stabbed as ferociously as I could into every painful spot of the zombie that I know. We were nearing the end of our fall. I spun around just in time. The zombie hit the floor first and I rolled off it. My ankle hurt like hell but I stood up and shot the zombie in the face several times. I then ran back up the stairs, ignoring the pain, and came back down carrying my friends body and weapons. I decided, I'm not going to let his body get eaten by some mutated freak. I buried him in the closest park (or what remained of it). He had always loved nature. I then carved a tombstone and put it above his grave. I now keep his pistol as a memory that he will always be my best friend.I buried his sniper next to him in a separate grave. Later that day I found out that the boat was functional and I decided that the only place I could probably find a good group that would help me was America. I set out for San Francisco. I made it. I've been living here ever since and the only thing that has stopped me from ending myself is the thought that I will avenge Kevin, to show those zombies that I am not to be trifled with. Even if it means wiping every zombie off the face of the earth.

This is my first attempt at writing an apocalypse story. C&C is weclome.
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Birck_apoc

Post  Darman Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:29 am

Not exactly Brick Apocalypse but it am fairly proud of it, thought to post it up here.

Hunter

I sat on that bench, for who knows how long. To a casual onlooker I was just there to observe the view, to perhaps take a break from the bustle that is the city all around me. I wasn’t just there for a reason though, not a stop to take in the park which surrounded me, a little pocket of nature inside a modern urban sprawl. No. I was there for a meeting, a very important one at that. I was hunched over, my inconspicuous baseball cap shrouding my features, making my face nearly invisible to all but the keenest of eyes. Under that cover of darkness my eyes were darting around, taking in all the land and people around me, searching, looking. Then I spotted it, or him rather. He wasn’t hard to spot, but it wasn’t like ‘him’ to send someone so, visible. I had a feeling something was going to happen, and my instincts haven’t proven me wrong yet, it was a bloody setup. I should have spotted it before, there were obvious hints, inconsistencies in his behavior. I mentally slapped myself, appalled I made such a stupid mistake for falling to a sham such as this. I knew speed was in my best interest, there was no use in staying hidden. I sprung up from my bench and moved to the edge of the park, not even a meter away. The park’s edge was covered my a think layer of bushes and trees, appropriate cover for such a situation. I once again stole a look at the person who presumably was in the police force, and luckily enough he hadn’t spotted me. I couldn’t take any more chances, not in a situation like this. I brought my baseball cap back up into a position to cover up my face, and I shifted to move my coat over, intending to cover my shoulders. I then shoved my hands into my pockets and walked along, looking like I had a place to go, and in a rush like everyone else. When I finally got out of the park I heaved a sigh of relief and was enveloped by the crowds that always accompanied the big city’s , what is a inconvenience to some is a asset to others I mused. I continued to walk along, unaware of the presence, or presences behind me, tailing me, and in some warehouse or bunker in the city a voice spoke into a cellular phone “We’ve got him”.
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:32 am

Well once again I have decided to start again, but this time it is from the very beginning. From the day the bombs hit, to the construction of the Camp, to the attack of the Ark, and my escape.

Chapter 1- Trivial Zombies

I staggered silently along that god damn road for who knows how long. My squad was all dead, and all I had to accompany me on my journey was my Shot Gun and my standard issue M16 Rifle. I was starving, my hunger gnawing at me constantly only parallel to my undying thirst. I know I was in for it, there was no way I could survive this. Through all my hardships, through walls of lead and seas of blood I was killed by the lack of water. Darman the solider was killed walking along a Illinois road in the middle of no guaranteed safe water around me.

My feet started to get heavier and heavier with each step, until I spotted something in the distance. A car. A fucking car. I was saved, even if the engine was killed the radiator would have water in it. I urged myself to go faster then the slow trudge I had used all of these days. When I found the car I was relieved to find there was water left, I drank I sure as hell drank, but I didn’t notice the body in the car. The body that was moving. Moving. Moving. The only thing that saved me that day was the sound of rushing air, giving me enough time to dive out of the way. I turned around quickly shotgun up to bear to see my assailant and was shocked to see a person. Extremely pale skin, with crazed and bloodshot eyes with bloody running down his face.

That thing, rushed at me screaming and I fired off shot after shot, even when it was down I continued pounding it with shells until I had no more rounds left. I just stared there, gasping sweat pouring down my face as I looked down at my attacker. I trembled when I saw more details I had never noticed before, there were already gun rounds in the body and not shotgun rounds. 5 round bullet holes, to precise to be from my shot gun a sniper rifle perhaps. How the hell anything survived 5 shots from a sniper rifle I didn’t know, but what I did know that I was facing something from the horror movies. Pulled, no dragged right out of the deepest and darkest corners of humans nightmares. Zombie, I immediately thought it was a silly notion to call such terrors something as trivial as a Zombie. But it fit, and it stuck from there on end.

From that point onward I was on the lookout, while my hunger tore through my stomach in waves but none of that was important. All that was on my mind was that thing, was it the bombs that caused it? Am I infected with the same virus or did my gas mask save me when the shells started to pound into the ground? Questions were all I had, and not enough answers, but I had a feeling I wouldn’t be getting those answers in a long while perhaps never. Knowing I wouldn’t gain anything from thinking over and over what I didn’t know I thought of what I did know.

I had just come back from the front lines over in Russia, not only a week after I had gotten back did the bombs hit. No rest for the weary, I mused. When the bombs hit I was lucky enough to be at a base to get to Gas Masks. I can’t imagine many others survived, aside from the very few that managed to get Gas Masks when the government passed them. Perhaps a handful of survivalist groups made it through but that’s it. There’s not much beyond that, I was sent off base to see if there were any survivors but my squad was killed when a group of, I’m not sure what to call them. When they attacked they took the rest of my squads weapons, collectors perhaps? No. Raiders. Raiders. I said the word aloud a couple times and It sounded like it suited, so I kept the term. I tried to radio back to base but all I got was distant screams and gun fire, I knew I wouldn’t be able to get there in time to help so I went into the country side, my plan was to get to Scott Air Force Base. I knew that was my best bet to survive, and perhaps answer a few questions. So here I am, traveling across the country side trying to find some others who survived.

So far I have encountered no one, Zombies aside of course. My hopes our high though and that’s all I can do, hope, and pray I amended.
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Admin_tag_with_new_logo
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Customizer_tagBrick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Birck_apoc

Post  TheMissingPiece Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:46 am

So our group got bombed? Crying or Very sad
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Gold_starBrick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Birck_apocBrick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Customizer_tag

Post  Custom 333 Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:39 pm

TheMissingPiece wrote:So our group got bombed? Crying or Very sad
    You never get the plot twists. Laughing

He hasn't met our group yet, this is like Phantom Menace. Laughing
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Custom 333 wrote:
    TheMissingPiece wrote:So our group got bombed? Crying or Very sad
    You never get the plot twists. Laughing

He hasn't met our group yet, this is like Phantom Menace. Laughing

Exactly.
    Alpha Beta
    Alpha Beta

Post  Alpha Beta Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:18 am

Remember a couple posts back, Darman said he liked using random characters that don't exsist so he can kill them off easily. Wink
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 am

Update.

Chapter 2- The Human Condition

I was exhausted, worn out, felt like shit, however you want to put it. The bottom line was that I couldn‘t go on, not like this at least. I was stumbling at every step and my breathing was ragged and uneven, hunger was getting to me. Gnawing. Tearing. My morale was shattered along with everything else about me.

My brown hair was in tangles thrown haphazardly around my head ignoring any direction, not that it mattered anywhere. My armor had better days to, there were several bullets still lodged inside, and my shields were inoperable for reasons I couldn’t comprehend. What could I expect though, it was experimental technology, especially at such a small scale. My HUD was pretty much the only thing that was working, not that it was much help anyway. 2071, might as well have been the end of the world for all it did for me. I started silently hummed the song out loud just for the sake of keeping my mind distracted, and repeating the lyrics in my head. “It’s the end of the world as we know it, it’s the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine…”.

Then it struck me, what if this really was the end? How many people could we guarantee survived, what if this wasn’t just focused on Chicago, America. What if this was on a global scale. I shook the thought away, unprepared for such a line of thought. Its not like it mattered to me anyway, I was in for it and even if I would admit it out loud I knew deep down. Knowing. It’s a interesting concept. Do you ever truly “know”? You could be lied to, think you heard, be under the impression, all these variables affect the truth in your knowledge. I wouldn’t be surprised if half of our collective knowledge was false, lies. I sighed. Kicking a rock, just like the dozens I have passed before. I sat down, content just to wait my death away. Then I felt something, a deep rumbling. A earthquake, just what I needed.

I clenched my fists preparing for the worst until I heard something else, a engine, a car. I quickly shot up out of my sitting position and glanced around widely trying to locate which direction the sound was coming from. I never considered the car, or rather the people in the car were hostile. I should have. Definitely. When the car finally came into view, much to my relief it was a Humvee. It must be military I thought. I was jumping up and down, relieved at the rescue.

The turret turned, almost in slow motion. I saw the bullets fly out of the muzzle, exploding out of the barrel flashing of light in its wake. Out of instinct I dove to the ground reaching for the rifle on my back, I brought it up as I waited for the car to pass. I was shocked to meet air at my dive, below me was a muddy ditch. I hit the ground on the side of the road just as the bullets erupted over my head. A mere second late I would be a bloody mess. I thought.

I had no time to think, no time to consider my actions as the car got closer and closer. “Don’t waste the bullets” I heard a distinctively male voice cry out, “I think we can take him.” Suddenly I heard the squeal of car tires as the Humvee seemingly came to a stop. I risked a peak over to road level and was quickly met by a wall of lead, this time from what sounded like a Ak-47. 61 Years later and they still use those damned things. I quickly ducked back to my Ditch and I brought my M16 up to bear ready to pop back up and fire.

Knowing I didn’t have my shields to rely on this time I shifted over about a foot, keep them guessing. I popped back up just as they were looking at were I was before and fired off to short bursts. Both bursts meet there targets and a explosion of red blood erupted out of both people as they slumped to the ground. Clearly dead, or dying. I corrected.

The person manning to turret shocked at his comrades death pulled the trigger and bullets flew narrowly missing me. I dove back to my cover, content to wait for the right time. I crawled to a different position, almost 7 feet from were I originally was and dove out of my cover. I fired 6 bursts at the guy until my clip ran dry, and dove back behind cover in case they all missed. They didn’t. I heard a scream and I knew he was dead.

I carefully came out of cover making sure no one was left. I grunted when I saw the bodies, disgusted. They clearly wanted something or they would attack me, be it my weapons or armor. Leave it to humanity to show the worst of its qualities when the end came along. It was a condition, for us to only focus on ourselves when worst comes to worst. The Human Condition.

I am much more proud of this chapter then the previous one. The Chapter Name is kind of a inside joke for me, meaning I'm the only one in the world who would get the joke. I'll fill you in though. The Chapters name "The Human Condition" is also a title of one of my favorite Rene' Magritte paintings.

Brick Apocalypse. - Page 15 300px-Ren%C3%A9_Magritte_The_Human_Condition

I called this chapter The Human Condition off this Painting because of my interpretation of said painting. I won't bore you with my interpretation since you can probably assume my thoughts. Constructive criticism and comments are as always greatly welcomed.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Gold_starBrick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Birck_apocBrick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Customizer_tag

Post  Custom 333 Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Darman wrote:61 Years later and they still use those damned things.

And you're using a M16. Really. Laughing
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:54 am

Well true, perhaps I'll have to change the weapon. M19 Anyone? Razz

Chapter 3- Encounters of the Weary.

Journal Entry One-Day Unknown. I have finally decided a place to set up camp, its on what appears to be Montgue Road and near a forest preserve. I have decided to rest my sleeping cot high up in the branches for the night, I’m not sure what is to come bu-

The crunch of a boot against the leafy ground alerted me to someone elses presence. I immediately froze, my muscles tense anticipating a zombie. I was surprised to see below me a person, in what looked like standard United States Military combat armor. Wary of my last encounter with a the Military Humvee I decided I better be a bit more careful this time. Slowly moving as to not make any noise, I launched myself of the branch and slammed into the person under me. He was knocked clean off his feet and was slammed into the ground, grunting as the 210 pounds worth of armor and human smashed into him. Leafs and grass were kicked up around and he tried to reach for his knife at his boot. I grabbed his wrist and twisted him into a headlock. He struggled against me until I eventual let him go, right into a hard tree. In the same process I twisted around my foot slamming it into him knocking him out.

Moving quickly I grabbed some rope from a pocket in my armor, which I snatched along my trip. Just in case. I tied him up and checked the knots repeatedly, I couldn’t risk him getting out. Knowing I wasn’t going to get any more sleep and not trusting my new companion I instead decided to sit myself against a tree trunk,, waiting for him to wake up.

Having the chance to examine, for all that it mattered to me., the only other person left on the planet. Aside from me obviously. I noticed some odd things. First of all he had a long bloody scar seeping across his right arm, it seemed infected. He was wearing Standard Marine Armor that was in a surprisingly good condition, he had no helmet and his moppy brown hair spread across his scalp like a disease. He had a pale face, and peeling back the eyelids I checked, bright blue eyes. Other then that I couldn’t tell much, so I got in a more comfortable position and waited for him to wake up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The second he woke up he started to look around wildly, anticipating danger. He looked like a chicken with his head cut off, I observed. It took a while for him to notice me but when he did he looked me in the eye, and spat. “Disgusting just like the rest of them aren’t you?” He almost screamed. “What are you going to eat me up like the rest, I guess it doesn’t matter even for us Millys ‘eh?” I just stared at him, giving him a long hard look and said.
    “What could I have done?” He looked at me peculiarly after that, and stated simply.
    “How about not tie my up like a bloody fucking meal?” I wasn’t really surprised at his comment, its obvious he’d seen some cannibalism from were ever the hell he came from. It didn’t surprised me at all that people resorted to such things so quickly. “Well” I said. “Are you?”
    “Am I what?” He said, confusion laced in his eyes.
    “A meal.” I said.

“Well it doesn’t seem like its by decision is it?” He uttered, anger evident In his demeanor. It was very odd how he changed emotions so much I thought. And I didn’t realize I said it allowed, I guess days alone didn’t help that.
    “What?” He stated. “You insult me before you eat me, how great.” I rolled my eyes, grabbing his sawed off shot gun from my back and handing it to him. “You really think I’m going to eat you? Not a fellow milly.”I said, rolling the world between my tongue feeling its foreign qualities. “As you would put it.” I added, deciding the word just wasn’t for me. “I guess not” He took my shotgun and stood up, I followed in his suit and shook his outstretched hand. “So what regiment he asked?” Not intending to trigger my memories, of my escape from base. He looked at me oddly when I didn’t respond.

The sun was reflecting off the steel grey walls in an almost surrealist quality. The sign in front of the base proudly saying “Fort Homefront.” A name which I have always found amusing, I could almost picture some cigar smoking general saying. “Fort Homefront, its brilliant“ as he was blowing smoke rings. Today though was not a day for such lighthearted observations that I have played over in my mind dozens of times. Today was a day for shock, horror, blood and over all others, lead. The first warning came over the radio, warning of missiles. I was in the mess at the time, and when the news was broadcasted there was a mixed response. Some thought it was humorous and rather odd of command to play us as such fools to fall for a joke like that. Others were alarmed, knowing that missiles somehow penetrated out defenses by whatever means we were unaware of. The automatic response was Gas Masks, (after the report was verified of course) with this new age of chemical warfare it was paramount our fighting forces were intact even through the worst of chemical agents. Our second policy was to see to that all civilians were warned, Gas Masks have been a common household item ever since the war started. It wa

“You there!” His voice shattered my thoughts, sending them into whatever abyss my mind was holding.
    “Home Front” I said, remembering his question which I seemed to have cast aside. He looked at me strangely, a expression he seemed to be fond of. “You got out of that bloodbath?” I choked at his response and barely was able to manage the reply. “I guess no one else got out then?” He looked at me with sympathy and twisted around his hold on his gun. “From what I heard I guess so” was his reply. That brought up curiosity to the forefront of my mind, rather then the self-pity that had puddled around my thoughts. “Who told you.” I asked? He looked down at his feet, it was obvious he didn’t want to answer. “You don’- I started to say but he cut me off.

“Someone else who got out, I never got his name. He was killed before he got the chance.” I was about to ask how but he continued before I could. “We were looking for other survivors, when a group of Scavers”. I stopped him there.
    “Hold on, Scavers?” I asked, confused. He gave me another one of his strange looks until, realization flittered across his face. “Oh you must call them something different. There a group of, well I don’t’ know. Civilians with guns I guess, they attacked us and shot him. I was fleeing when I say behind him they were taking his weapons and armor off him.” Oh, Raiders I automatically thought. “You mean Raiders?” He grinned when I said that.
    “Game influenced I assume?” I grinned at that and thought back to when dad showed me the old game Fallout 3, I guess that’s were I pulled the term from. “I guess so” I replied.

“So” I Coughed. “What about the, well you know. Infected?” He seemed to look behind himself on instinct when I said it. So he has seen them. “Yea”. He said. “Took five bullets from my Sniper Rifle.” I had to run away eventually, didn’t want to waste anymore bullets. I looked at him after that, my brain making trillions of micro-calculations. “So that was you?” I asked, thinking of my first and so far only encounter with the Zombies. “What?” He asked, clearly confused.
    “Well” I started about to go into a long recount of my journey until I heard the snap of a branch. Both of us turned around guns raised.

This is probably one of my favorite entries of all time. I really enjoyed writing the dialogue sequences and I think I really improved in that field. My opinion is probably biased though considering my favorite line "His eyes were laced with curiosity". Razz That and the fact I wrote this...regardless constructive criticism is always welcome along with the regular assortment of comments.

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:13 am

I must say, all these entries entertain me. Rename the characters and title, we could write a bestseller!
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Rabid Squirrel wrote:I must say, all these entries entertain me. Rename the characters and title, we could write a bestseller!

Haha, thanks for the compliment but no way. Wink Oh and personally the names are fine, for nicknames at least. I mean Million, Hazard, they could pass of as that.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 pm

You could call me C4 and I could be an explosives tech instead of heavy trooper.
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Custom 333 wrote:You could call me C4 and I could be an explosives tech instead of heavy trooper.

Hah, that's actually a good idea C3. I might just go for that.
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:05 am

Chapter 4 Considerations

Trapped inside a cage.
    Within me I rage.
    The world passed by.
    And I don‘t know why.
    The longer I wait.
    In this flesh built crate.
    I wonder when this agony will end.

-Revised Poem of “Home”

A dark, unclear figure rushed out of the forest brush and into the meadow right into our line of fire. Both me and my new comrade fired off shots at the figure but the bullets reflected off or were absorbed In what looked to be a shield. Realizing my situation, I started backing up firing shot after shot at the approaching figure. Damned shields. I thought. We build them to bloody good. The shields finally collapsed when the Zombie was halfway across the clearing, but only after my new ally pulled out his sniper. What was his name? I thought. I never did ask him. One more shot from my weapon finished it off. “

What’s your name?” I asked as I popped in a fresh clip for my shotgun. It was a odd question to ask at a time like that, which was evident with his reaction. “Denal.” He said simply, similarly changing the clip in his assault rifle, along with the rest of his weapons. I was about to ask what it meant but he seemed to read my mind and said. “Never knew were the name came from” another one of my parents zany ideas I guess. Then another question popped into mind, quite a bit more disturbing then my last one. “Do you think they know?” I stated glancing at Denal. He gave me one of his curious looks and asked “What do you mean?”
    “The Zombies, do you think they know? Are aware?”
    “Aware there going to eat us?” He scoffed.
    “No but do you think the person is still there, unable to control living through a horror show of his own creation?” Denal shivered at that and said, “I sure as hell hope not”.

He popped his rifle onto his back, and took out his shotgun instead. “Its odd,” Denal said. “They usually travel in pa-” He was quickly cut off as a low collection of screams rang out around them, seeming to invade and envelope the air. I quickly brought up my assault rifle, which I switched out from my shot gun long ago. Two figures popped out of the underbrush to the side of us, I quickly turned around and fired off shots, thankfully these ones didn’t have shields. They dropped quickly. 6, 7, 8, 9 I counted as the death toll rose, but they kept on coming. I signaled to Denal that I needed to reload my clip and he stepped in front of me firing shots, I fumbled with the clip a bit but after a bit of annoyance it finally slipped in. I took a step beside him and started to shoot, they were so many I didn’t even have to aim to hit something. The waves eventually receded and, 5 clips later they were gone. “Fuck.” I said. “How many clips do you have left, I’ve got 20.”
    “17” He replied, which wasn’t a surprise since he seemed to fire a bit more sporadically with his rifle.
    “You seem to love to converse ammo eh’?” I asked him sarcastically, expecting a equal reply.
    “Never had to.” He replied simply. “Only with my sniper rifle.”
    “Well, I don’t think a sniper rifle will do you much good anymore.” I said. He sighed at that and said,
    “I guess so.” His eyes seemed to be drooping a bit as he said that, but I decided not to comment and instead said.
    “So, where were you heading to?” I asked him, curious if he had a similar destination in mind.
    “Scott” He replied simply, I grinned at that realizing we had the same place in mine.
    “Me to, though going on foot isn’t the way it seems.” I stated, knowing what his reply was going to be.
    “Yea, I figured that about 200 miles back. Took you this long to figure it out?” He said.
    “Well hunger and thirst was more on my mind” I replied grimly. I thought back to my many days on the road, wait I considered. Was it even days? I didn’t truly know. “Say” I asked “Do you know the date?”
    “Yep” He replied sarcastically “Let me check my pocket calendar here.” He held up his hand, which was obviously full of nothing. “Full of kitten pictures, I’m a cat lover.” I rolled my eyes at that one, suspecting I wasn’t going to know the date for quite some time, perhaps never. I thought back to his previous comment about the car, were In the hell were we going to get one. He seemed to read my mind and said. “I noticed a couple cars up the road, on my way here. I’m not sure if any of them have gas left let alone a key.” I laughed at his comment saying.
    “Oh we don’t need a key.” Thinking back to my time trying to figure out how to hot wire a car as a kid.
    “Oh” He said surprised. “Didn’t think you’d be the one to-” I cut him off, indicating I didn’t want him to finish that sentence. “ Don’t worry, never used it.” Well I thought. We may have our car, and we’ve got our destination, a goal, and perhaps the most important of all. Hope.

I'm not particularly proud of this chapter but I'm sure you guys are happy I'm introducing the gang back into the story. Don't worry, I never did consider removing them, there the heart of this story. Well, as always constructive criticism is always welcome as well as reviews. Which now that I think about it are practically the same thing...

Alpha Beta
    Alpha Beta

Post  Alpha Beta Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 am

Still better then anything I written. Laughing
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Customizer_tagBrick Apocalypse. - Page 15 Birck_apoc

Post  TheMissingPiece Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:41 am

Yay! The gang's getting back in the story!
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:16 am

Yep, slowly but surely. Razz
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Zombies never had shields...

And if you make your book, you'll need one heck of an editor. Laughing
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin

Post  TheMissingPiece Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:28 pm

My turn! This takes place before, during, and after my latest vig, Rescuing Anne

Brickpocalypse: Rescue

C3 looked around.
    “I think somebody – or something’s watching us.”
    “Of course they are!” Hazard whispered bitterly. He was getting irritated with all of this fighting with raiders, and not enough fighting with zombies. Truth to be told, zombies aren’t much of a threat anymore, or at least for now. Migrants have told of more zombies coming from the east, but that is at the least of their concerns.
    Denal’s wife, Anne, kidnapped when raiders attacked their camp. The raiders spoke French, so naturally they followed a path to France, which is where they are now.

They arrived at a warehouse, on the outskirts of Paris. The area around it was quite a mess; the warehouse was in the middle of a scrap yard. It seemed to blend in with the area.
    This reminds me of Tacland, thought Piece. All dark grey.
    “Interesting,” Dutch said, with his chin resting on his fist. “This building, while shabby, is actually owned by some organized crime. Note the symmetrical shape and ‘décor’. Watch out for those cameras, too, although I doubt there’s anyone watching.”
    Dutch may look like a thug, but he knew his stuff.

The group surrounded the building. Seven fed the cameras a loop from his portable computer, and Dutch and Hazard even got on the roof with sniper rifles from the conveniently placed hole in the ceiling.
    “Get off my shoulder, you fatty,” groaned Mil. They neglected to bring a ladder (who would bring a ladder to rescue missions, anyways?) so Hazard and Dutch had to climb on Mil’s back.
    “Everyone locked and loaded?” Piece was always paranoid, and for once, Denal let him be.
    “Just let me kill those sons of bitches,” he growled.
    “Shh!” C3 leaned closer to the wall. “Somebody’s talking!”

From his laptop, Seven witnessed the conversation with both audio and visuals. An elderly man was pointing a gun at Anne’s chin, and Seven thought it best not to tell Denal this.
    “You will tell me where The Cure is.”
    “I already said, I know nothing. And you obviously know I am of use to you, so you cannot kill me.”
    “Oh really?” The man grinned a most evil grin. “We’ll see about that.”
    He motioned at his guards, both of which seemed to have little or no military training.
    “Kill her. But let me leave, first. The sound of gunfire is most annoying to my ears.”

Piece nodded. “Let’s go. Make sure we have that bastard’s ears bleeding.”
    Denal smiled. “Don’t mind if I do.”

Anyone found inside the building was shot, but the old man was nowhere to be found.
    “He must have used a tunnel,” said C3. “Wacky found a trap door leading underground.”
    “So he lives to kidnap another day,” replied Hazard. “Cowards will run….”
    Anne and Denal embraced while Piece and Mil discussed plans for when they got back. Then a pleasant surprise.
    “Look, sir!” Seven hollered from a distant room. “Droids- I mean, Weapons!”
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:13 am

Custom 333 wrote:Zombies never had shields...

And if you make your book, you'll need one heck of an editor. Laughing

Infected Marine, I know 100 years to produce some type of shielding technology is a bit unrealistic but hey, this is a story about Zombies. Razz

@TMP Nice entry, can't wait for the next one.
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin

Post  TheMissingPiece Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:30 am

That's right, Darman. My BA order came in. Actually, I got it a while ago, but now I'm introducing them to Brickpocalypse.
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:34 am

I'm a bit confused here, how does that have any relevance to this whole conversation? Oh and just a idea of mine, I think we ought to list some basic weapon names. Ideas are welcome.

MX7 Widow - Sniper Rifle.
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin

Post  TheMissingPiece Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:13 am

Darman wrote:I'm a bit confused here, how does that have any relevance to this whole conversation? Oh and just a idea of mine, I think we ought to list some basic weapon names. Ideas are welcome.

Well, a lot of Brickpocalypse seems to revolve around weapons, IMO, so I thought it'd be good for our characters to get some new gear, which is also a convenient way to introduce the new BA. I will actually post a mini dio for our characters to re-equip weapons, most important member first.

Now, weapons. Many weapons used today are almost 40 years old, just refined. But, if you insist...

LMG: M75 LMG (Long Range, Slow Firing Rate), M269 SAW (Short, Fast), G5 LMG (Short, Very Fast)

SMG P95, MP8

AR: M18, H&K 417, AK-79

SR: M27, M98
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:16 am

TheMissingPiece wrote:
    Darman wrote:I'm a bit confused here, how does that have any relevance to this whole conversation? Oh and just a idea of mine, I think we ought to list some basic weapon names. Ideas are welcome.

Well, a lot of Brickpocalypse seems to revolve around weapons, IMO, so I thought it'd be good for our characters to get some new gear, which is also a convenient way to introduce the new BA. I will actually post a mini dio for our characters to re-equip weapons, most important member first.

Now, weapons. Many weapons used today are almost 40 years old, just refined. But, if you insist...

LMG: M75 LMG (Long Range, Slow Firing Rate), M269 SAW (Short, Fast), G5 LMG (Short, Very Fast)

SMG P95, MP8

AR: M18, H&K 417, AK-79

SR: M27, M98

Even so 100 Years is quite a bit more then 40 years. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 am