Debate Thread

Debate Thread

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Alrighty, this can only be here for those who simple would like to debate. Not argue. Flaming in this thread will bring the deletion of it.

For debates, you must sign up for either Pro or Against, to show which side you are on.

Current Debate:
    -Building a Mosque near Ground Zero

Pro:
    -Hazard
    Against:
    -80-0
    -C3
    -Rabid
    -T_C
    -Darman

Last edited by Hazard with a Glove on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bl*c

Re: Debate Thread

Post  bl*c on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Holy $h1t!

80-0, you did it! Laughing

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:46 pm

bl*c wrote:Holy $h1t! 80-0, you did it! Laughing
    On topic, please.
    80-0

Post  80-0 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:57 pm

I am against the building of the mosque.

Hazard with a Glove wrote:
    Why are there no significant Christian terrorists? Why are there no Jewish terrorists? Why are there no significant atheist terrorists? (well, the big dictatorships of the day were atheists, but that's aside the point)

Because none of these religions espouse violence against the proverbial non believer.

It IS a religion that's bombing us. It just so happens that a minority (thank goodness) of the religion are the ones actually following it to the letter. The terrorists, though you'd like to see it otherwise, are the only ones actually following Islam as it was meant to be followed, which is following the exact wording of the Koran.
    I=Uh, there ARE terrorists that are non-muslim. They just aren't the ones who hi-jacked planes.

If it's the fact that it's near ground zero, then why do Americans protest Mosque's in EVERY other place in America?

And, who said he's connected to Al Quiada?

Yes there are terrorists that are non-muslim. But answer me this: why are there no efforts by the liberals to "avoid backlash" against the groups whom these non muslim terrorists support? Because they only care about minorities, and they want the support of these minorities when it comes to elections.

I JUST SAID WHY. Americans protested mosques only AFTER the whole business of the GZero mosque. Americans saw how the Muslim community is getting special treatment, they want equal treatment for everyone, etc.
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin

Post  TheMissingPiece on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Quite true.

IMO, Muslims planned a mosque near ground zero just for this huge debate. Razz

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:30 pm

80-0 wrote:I am against the building of the mosque.

Yes there are terrorists that are non-muslim. But answer me this: why are there no efforts by the liberals to "avoid backlash" against the groups whom these non muslim terrorists support? Because they only care about minorities, and they want the support of these minorities when it comes to elections.
    What?

I JUST SAID WHY. Americans protested mosques only AFTER the whole business of the GZero mosque. Americans saw how the Muslim community is getting special treatment, they want equal treatment for everyone, etc.
    You did not say why, I did not even ask why
    I asked how/who said the guy whose's making the mosque a terrorist/extremist?
    80-0

Post  80-0 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:36 pm

What?

Clause 1: When we hear about non-muslim terrorists, no effort is made to hide the religion if it's not Muslim. Remember the guy who shot up DC? The white guy? All the liberal talking heads were saying "Oh, he's probably a right-wing extremist fed up with Obama". Remember the Obama Joker poster (an awesome poster if I might say so myself)? The liberal talking heads? All saying "Must've been an angry right-winger!" When in fact the guy who made the poster was a Dennis Kucinich supporter! Who'da thunk it?

The point is, when the target of controversy is not Muslim and is doing something outrageous (or semi outrageous, as in the poster), his religion is open to stereotyping by the media. But when he's Muslim, ooh, we have to be careful, don't want to offend the Muslims out there.

Clause 2: I was responding to where you said this: If it's the fact that it's near ground zero, then why do Americans protest Mosque's in EVERY other place in America?

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

80-0 wrote:

What?

Clause 1: When we hear about non-muslim terrorists, no effort is made to hide the religion if it's not Muslim. Remember the guy who shot up DC? The white guy? All the liberal talking heads were saying "Oh, he's probably a right-wing extremist fed up with Obama". Remember the Obama Joker poster (an awesome poster if I might say so myself)? The liberal talking heads? All saying "Must've been an angry right-winger!" When in fact the guy who made the poster was a Dennis Kucinich supporter! Who'da thunk it?

The point is, when the target of controversy is not Muslim and is doing something outrageous (or semi outrageous, as in the poster), his religion is open to stereotyping by the media. But when he's Muslim, ooh, we have to be careful, don't want to offend the Muslims out there.

Clause 2: I was responding to where you said this: If it's the fact that it's near ground zero, then why do Americans protest Mosque's in EVERY other place in America?

1) So what? A few liberals had opinions about those. That has nothign to do with it.
    1.5) I don't like haw careful we have to be to not offend Muslims, but that's how it is.
    2) Ah. Well then you're supporting my point.
    The_Custom_One

Hogan!

Post  The_Custom_One on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Guys, I am against the Building of a Mosque, why?
    Because the terrorists destroyed the World trade center to build a mosque!
    Do we not learn our lessons?

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 pm

The_Customizer wrote:Guys, I am against the Building of a Mosque, why?

They crashed planes into the World Trade center because they were pissed off at a America. Not because they wanted to build a mosque.

Terrorist Muslims blowing up things makes it much harder for good Muslims to do anything at all.

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Muslims tend to build mosques on locations of places/things they have conquered. DON'T LET THEM BUILD A MOSQUE AT GROUND ZERO!
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Here is my stance on the whole deal, I personally think that it shouldn't be built near Ground Zero. While it the religion may not be at fault for the destruction caused by extremists it is still disrespectful a asking to be destroyed I think there just stupid. There instigating the american public from building one there and they are almost guaranteed to have it burned down, graffiti'd to hell, or out right destroyed.
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:50 pm

They crashed planes into the World Trade center because they were pissed off at a America. Not because they wanted to build a mosque.

Terrorist Muslims blowing up things makes it much harder for good Muslims to do anything at all.
    That's the way it is, and it's good that way.

@Darman: Yeah, that might happen. That'd be cool, seeing as how the normal people would actually get to vote on it. Laughing
    Alpha Beta

Post  Alpha Beta on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm neutral towards it. I'm agianst it, but I also believe in freedom of religion, and that only a few muslims are terrorists, so we should not stereo type them. My only question is, why does the Mosque have to go at ground Zero, why not down the street?
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin

Post  TheMissingPiece on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:30 pm

It is down the street.

I would prefer the mosque to be somewhere else, maybe a few more blocks out. Not much a difference, if you ask me.
    The_Custom_One

Hogan!

Post  The_Custom_One on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:51 am

There is no such things as "good Muslims" They have sworn to destroy America, and wipe out all the Christians. And we want them to make a stronghold, right by where they "conquered"? This doesn't make sense. If Muslims swear to destroy America, and we let them do this, what is next? Letting them kill whoever they want to?
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin

Post  TheMissingPiece on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:54 am

Fail.

Those particular people are called "extremists". They just happen to be Muslim.
    80-0

Post  80-0 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:05 am

TheMissingPiece wrote:It is down the street.

I would prefer the mosque to be somewhere else, maybe a few more blocks out. Not much a difference, if you ask me.

Yes, it is down the street, but as Fr. Z notes, the former Burlington Coat Factory-turned Mosque was struck by a piece of the plane. I say that's pretty close.

Hazard, you said: Terrorist Muslims blowing up things makes it much harder for good Muslims to do anything at all.

Well all they have to do is:
    1. Come out and say they oppose Muslim extremism
    2. Show their opposition through their actions

The imam has done neither, and remains a radical link to Al Quaida.
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:27 pm

80-0 wrote: Mosque was struck by a piece of the plane.
    Total justice. Very Happy

IF THEY ARE "GOOD", AND HOLD VALUES LIKE A GOOD RELIGION, THEY WILL RESPECT THE PEOPLE WHO DIED ON 9/11 AND NOT USE THE MOSQUE.

IF THEY DON'T RESPECT THEM, THEY DON'T DESERVE THE MOSQUE.

End of story.
    Gecko

15 minutes could save you 15% on your next LEGO purchase.
    Location : Bringing peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire

Post  Gecko on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:31 pm

TheMissingPiece wrote:Fail.

Those particular people are called "extremists". They just happen to be Muslim.
    So, I told myself I wouldn't post here, but that's to much. It's in the Muslim Koran, if someone is not a Muslim you are COMMANDED to kill them. If someone, even your own son, converts from being Muslim, you are COMMANDED to kill them. It's that straight forward.

Arlight, now that I've said that, I think this whole topic is a bad idea. I'm leaving.

~G
    CaptainLock

Post  CaptainLock on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:02 pm

No I think the americans would possibly burn it down anyway for what they did.
    Pack765

Post  Pack765 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:38 pm

You guys obviously haven't heard much muslim history. Between 50 and 700 AD, the Muslims prospered in their "golden age". They peacefully traded with the nations around them. Then, a group of extremists (can't remember what they were called Razz) essentially hijacked the religion and forced it's people to follow the koran. When they attempted to take over all of europe in the dark ages, they would build mosques in the places they conquered. In one case, they literally built a mosque over a christian church. By creating a mosque on the site, they would be rubbing salt on the wound of 9/11.

Before I go back to school, I'd like to make 4 more points.
    1. What the hell was Obama thinking?! Backing the mosque is political suicide. He's consistently taking positions against those of the American Public, and it seems like he's trying to lose the election for the democrats.
    2. The creator of the Mosque refused to denounce the actions of Al Qaeda and Hamas when prompted to. Also, we have no idea where the money for the mosque is coming from. Coincidence?
    3. This whole problem could have been avoided if they hadn't first set their sights on ground zero. Nobody would have any problem with building a "community center" a few blocks away from the site if the builders didn't make any connection to 9/11. However, any mention of 9/11 makes many people angry. Are they trying to incite people?
    4. Back on the topic of Obama, he seems to encourage radical speech (such as that of the mosque builders) and discourage (through political correctness) that of the right. He also denounces the rest of the Constitution time after time. Is he just using the first amendment to further his agenda?
    The_Custom_One

Hogan!

Post  The_Custom_One on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Pack765 wrote:
    4. Back on the topic of Obama, he seems to encourage radical speech (such as that of the mosque builders) and discourage (through political correctness) that of the right. He also denounces the rest of the Constitution time after time. Is he just using the first amendment to further his agenda?

Wow, good points.
    Actually, the first amendment says that the government shouldn't side with one side of Religion. The definition of Religion when this country was formed, actually meant Christianity. So really the First Amendment States that The Government Should choose one denomination of Christianity and make that the supreme Religion, rather it should be that all denominations of Christianity should be allowed in America.
    That is what the Founding Fathers meant when Creating the 1st Amendment.
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm

The_Customizer wrote:
    Pack765 wrote:

Wow, good points.
    Actually, the first amendment says that the government shouldn't side with one side of Religion. The definition of Religion when this country was formed, actually meant Christianity. So really the First Amendment States that The Government Should choose one denomination of Christianity and make that the supreme Religion, rather it should be that all denominations of Christianity should be allowed in America.
    WTF? No. That directly deifies the 1st amendment. /facepalm
    The_Custom_One

Hogan!

Post  The_Custom_One on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Custom 333 wrote:
    The_Customizer wrote:
    Pack765 wrote:

Wow, good points.
    WTF? No. That directly deifies the 1st amendment. /facepalm

The First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

And as I said before,
    The_Customizer wrote:The definition of Religion when this country was formed, actually meant Christianity. So really the First Amendment States that The Government Should choose one denomination of Christianity and make that the supreme Religion, rather it should be that all denominations of Christianity should be allowed in America.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:45 pm