[ 6 ]
    40% [40%] 
    [ 3 ]
    20% [20%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Dutch

Moving to Apoc/ Sci-fi Only?

Post  Dutch on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:57 am

The honored members and the staff have been discussion if Brick Ark should become a Apoc/sci-fi only fourm. So if you would please vote.

Energy107

Re: Moving to Apoc/ Sci-fi Only?

Post  Energy107 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:01 am

honestly i'm not sure I mean the majority of the mocs on Brickark are sci-fi/apoc but some of the mocs are unrelated to sci-fi/apoc themed mocs.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:26 am

We'd still have an area for other kinds of MOCs.
    bl*c

Post  bl*c on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:37 am

Although it feels strange to not have any topics in some sub-forums,

I'd leave it at is; makes it look "big," if you know what I mean.
    Seven

Wacky *times 7

Post  Seven on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 am

Yes, We should.

the majority of the MOCs on the forum are sci-fi/apoc and most of the members enjoy those themes.
    Also I don't think there's and other forum that's just for Lego sci-fi/apoc so I think it would make the forum more original too. Smile
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I voted maybe, Yes wins anyway so I'm good Laughing, but I'd like it a lot, assuming we can steer away from Star Wars, CABG's got the title to that.
    CaptainLock

Post  CaptainLock on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Custom 333 wrote:I voted maybe, Yes wins anyway so I'm good Laughing, but I'd like it a lot, assuming we can steer away from Star Wars, CABG's got the title to that.
    Isn't Star wars sci fi anyway what about custom creations.
    Seven

Wacky *times 7

Post  Seven on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:49 pm

CaptainLock wrote:Isn't Star wars sci fi anyway what about custom creations.

Star wars could cont as sci-fi, But I think that Dutch means non-licensed themes. Wink
    Alpha Beta

Post  Alpha Beta on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Stay as we are now.

EDIT: I tied it up!
    bl*c

Post  bl*c on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:47 pm

With SW gone, I will be less active. Laughing
    Seven

Wacky *times 7

Post  Seven on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 pm

bl*c wrote:With SW gone, I will be less active. Laughing

You'll still be able to post starwars MOCs, It probably just won't have its own forum. Wink
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm

No, like I said in the honored section focusing on a specific type of Lego theme only drives people away. Nearly every single Lego Forum I've come across specializes on something if we were more open ended we would certainly attract more people the good and the bad, but the bad will either be banned or just never log on. We should stay as we are now, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 am

Darman wrote:No, like I said in the honored section focusing on a specific type of Lego theme only drives people away. Nearly every single Lego Forum I've come across specializes on something if we were more open ended we would certainly attract more people the good and the bad, but the bad will either be banned or just never log on. We should stay as we are now, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    First of all, it is broken. And as I have replied to you in the honored section, you are quite incorrect. We are hardly and 'All themes' site, since we can never steer away form the sci-fi and apoc. It'd just be all-around better if you ask me.
    And Star Wars will still be allowed, it's a kind of Sci-fi, don't worry we wouldn't ditch it.
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:17 am

In plain words, how is BArk broken? We've got spam and such, but (assuming you don't ban every single member here, as we're all guilty) we'd have spam in the new forum too.

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:19 am

Custom 333 wrote:In plain words, how is BArk broken?
    The only people who get on are always the same, every time someone new comes one those guys must hate and flame him, we are supposed to be an 'All themes' site but cannot do so, etc.
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:21 am

We only hate new members who fail epicly and break the rules. We didn't hate Seven (he's relatively new), or Alpha, and some of the older noobs are learning.

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:28 am

Ahem, I believe we are 'somewhat' broken. Remember, a house divided will not stand. However, We are broken, not divided. There is a big difference. We are not very active, our record for most users at once is 17, while our parent site, CABG, (Yes, CABG is our parent as most of the staff originated from there Wink ) has had over 180 users online. Our community is harsh. We flame n00bs, yet we don't give them the chance to learn. What many of you probably don't realize is that many of the people on CABG that post once, and have bad grammar, have that post edited immediately by staff, however, they are afraid to post again in fear of what will happen. Although we are much more open here, no one is willing to stay long anywhere if they are expected to be bullied in anyway. People just don't like it. I'll post more later, but this is enough for now.

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:31 am

Custom 333 wrote:We only hate new members who fail epicly and break the rules. We didn't hate Seven (he's relatively new), or Alpha, and some of the older noobs are learning.
    Today I got a email that was about you making the warning thing on a post of King's that had nothign wrong with it, just him asking a question. I've seen it it done, not just by you, but by most common members.
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 am

Breaking rules and not knowing how to build well are very different.

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:33 am

Rabid Squirrel wrote:Ahem, I believe we are 'somewhat' broken. Remember, a house divided will not stand. However, We are broken, not divided. There is a big difference. We are not very active, our record for most users at once is 17, while our parent site, CABG, (Yes, CABG is our parent as most of the staff originated from there Wink ) has had over 180 users online. Our community is harsh. We flame n00bs, yet we don't give them the chance to learn. What many of you probably don't realize is that many of the people on CABG that post once, and have bad grammar, have that post edited immediately by staff, however, they are afraid to post again in fear of what will happen. Although we are much more open here, no one is willing to stay long anywhere if they are expected to be bullied in anyway. People just don't like it. I'll post more later, but this is enough for now.
    Perfection has been written up. I could have never said it any better.

*thumbs up*
    Denal

Don't forget to floss!...
    Or else

Post  Denal on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:55 am

Rabid Squirrel wrote:Ahem, I believe we are 'somewhat' broken. Remember, a house divided will not stand. However, We are broken, not divided. There is a big difference. We are not very active, our record for most users at once is 17, while our parent site, CABG, (Yes, CABG is our parent as most of the staff originated from there ) has had over 180 users online. Our community is harsh. We flame n00bs, yet we don't give them the chance to learn. What many of you probably don't realize is that many of the people on CABG that post once, and have bad grammar, have that post edited immediately by staff, however, they are afraid to post again in fear of what will happen. Although we are much more open here, no one is willing to stay long anywhere if they are expected to be bullied in anyway. People just don't like it. I'll post more later, but this is enough for now.
    This... is Win.

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:59 am

Very Happy Glad to finally be 'accepted' into your guys' 'personage'(<-- I don't know what that means, but it sounds cool. Laughing )
    Dutch

Post  Dutch on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:01 am

I can easily fix that problem by banning Darman and C3. Laughing

Flynn

Post  Flynn on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am

Okay, I personally voted no, mainly because it seems rather pointless (The site is already mainly sci-fi and brickapoc anyways, and I can't see the difference officially specifying it would make), though I really wouldn't care either way. I just wanted to respond to this:

Custom 333 wrote:I voted maybe, Yes wins anyway so I'm good Laughing, but I'd like it a lot, assuming we can steer away from Star Wars, CABG's got the title to that.

Um, no, CABG does not have the title to LEGO Star Wars, that belongs to FBTB. It's more active, has a larger presence in the community, is older than CABG, encompasses more of Star Wars than CABG, and also spawned the creators of CABG. Thank you very much.
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:30 am

Dutch wrote:I can easily fix that problem by banning Darman and C3. Laughing

Laughing There is a difference between flaming and give constructive feedback, and I prefer to think I'm the latter. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:35 pm