Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE

Dutch
    Dutch

Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Desing10
    Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Birck_apocBrickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Customizer_tagBrickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Army_rank

Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Empty Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE

Post  Dutch Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Darman-

Another day, another patrol, another zombie, another raider, another death, pure hell. I swear to whatever being that placed this ruin of a world on us that I am going insane in this dammed prison we like to call "Camp". My life is just a day filled with raiders bleeding into a bloody night of battling Zombies, its turning us into insane savages. None of us are eating enough or getting enough sleep, were bloody fucking dying in this hell hole. Sometimes I start thinking that dying in this deranged lawless world is better then living in it. Denal is writing to his dead wife again, million is just staring into the dammed sky, Dutch is cuddling his hammer like a fucking child and Hazard. Hazard seems to be the most sane of us all, but he isn't. He tinkers with that radio all day hoping it will hope, who the hell will we call if it does! "He God, I'm not sure if you have noticed but we seem to be living in hell. I'm not sure if the one over by you is freezing over and migrated here but help sure is appreciated!" We are all just following our own damn lies to the grave, thinking theirs some safe haven or some civilization. Sorry to disappoint you but there isn't, if were lucky we'll die young and not have to live in a world were all we have to look forward to is the moaning of the undead. We,we, are going to die swimming in our blood chocking on the lies we tell ourselves.

The grim truth is just waiting to turn its ugly head and stare us right in the eye.

Fix this, do that, kill it, shoot it, watch it, thats all I fucking hear these day along with the sound of gun fire and the crys of the dead or dying. We aren't a society, we don't have anything to live for but more blood on our hands and dead at our backs. I'm not sure how much longer I can take this, living in the dirt and mud scrabbling out to the sun but running from the dark. There is no end to the waves and waves be it zombies, radiers, or refugees. Thats all the makes up this disgusting existance, waves of whatever the hell is left in this hell hole we like to call earth. We are all going insane, its undeinable. The only person who is fucking unchanged is storm, but he was deranged in the first place! One of these days someone is going to pull the trigger while they watch there own blood fall around them. Its days like these I wonder if that someone is me.

It was a near miss today, to fucking close. Someone finally snapped, but instead of pulling a gun to there head they pulled it on someone else. I should have seen this fucking coming. Million pulled a gun to Hazards head, we can't figure out what set him off he just did it. Hazard was as always tinkering with the dammed radio of his, million was staring up in the sky, Dutch, Storm, and Missing were on patrol for raiders. Then something clicked in that empty mine of his and he pulled out his side arm and aimed it at Hazard. He was spouting some incomprehensible bull shit about looking for survivors and some frakking savior. If it was my decision I would have shot him then and there, we don't need someone holding us back. I managed to wrench the gun away before he fired of a shot, we have him locked up in a old warehouse in the center of our camp. What stops from another one of us snapping like that, fucking nothing that's whats stopping us. We don't trust each other, and we don't trust are fucking self's to pull the trigger. Its not a question of if, its a question of when and were.

Denals funeral was today, since we were weren't able to cover the body we just made a head stone. Some of us just can't come to terms with it, they have to realize he is fucking dead and nothing we can do will bring him back. Nothing at fucking all, no magical potion, or fucking majestic words will bring him back. My only regret was not being able to get the body, we fled like the fucking cowards we are. We are fucking pathetic, but he will be remembered for as long as any of us take a breath.

Dutch was shot, nothing mortal but enough to make him completely useless. The fool, it was easier enough to spot the glint of the scope but we couldn't warn him or we would have given away our positions. It didn't help he was popping out of cover way to often either. One of these days his fucking stupidity will get himself killed or one of us killed, I hate to call him "Leader". To be honest I'm not sure he'll live even if he wasn't shot in any vital areas. What with modern medicine being so few now adays it is easy to get a simply scratch infected and be dead within the week. Perhaps our group would be better off with him gone...

A throbbing,a dull throb. What the hell? Were the fuck am I? I started to pull myself up but a searing pain went through my chest, I slumped back down in defeat. God dammit that hurts. I slowly turned my head to take in my surroundings. A rugged wall faced me, pitted with bullet holes and a long chain extended on the top. This looks like base. but it wasn't, above the chain was another wall, a smooth man made stone, as sub way? Who the hell builds a wall in a fucking sub way? Once again I attempted to pull myself, ignoring the pain I brought my head level to the wall, to see pure fucking chaos. Blood was splattered every were, bodies littered the floor like the devil himself was spinning around taking a shit.

(End Italics, didn't look so well with 'em)
    What in the fuck happened here. I thought. Who brought me here, in fact were the fuck is here? I've got to find a weapon of some kind. I grabbed a pit in the wall to try to stand up, trying to think of everything but the pain. It was to much, I slowly fell down and everything turned black.

(Are you kidding me Darman, how the fuck can you tell- Just give me the damn microphone!)
    Damn, Dutch can be annoying as fuck. Anyway by the time we got away from the raiders we were lost as fuck. "Dutch its obvious were lost, just admit it." I said. Them came Dutch's snide reply. "Alright, Alright were fucking lost. Happy now jackass?" I had a strong urge to punch Dutch, what can I say though? We were both stressed, pissed, and depressed.Then I noticed something, a metal object that glinted in the sunlight was perched on a rock.

"Dutch, look over there." I pointed to it.

Dutch started to step towards it, what a moron I thought. "Dutch, step away from that. It could be a fucking mine!" He didn't reply, but I did noticed that he slowed down a bit was it to be more cautious or the dark green overgrowth crowding around the rock. "Dutch.." I warned. He continued with no heed to my warnings, his hand reached out to grab the object. I can't say I wasn't tempted to shoot him right there, in case it was a trap of some sort. (What, you wanted to shoot me? Maybe Dutch now let me continue the fucking recording") OK, well surprisingly he grabbed the object and nothing happened, but boy did that not last long. A hand seemingly sprouted out of the underbrush snatching Dutchs leg and dragging him into the ground. I couldn't help him, if I shot at the underbrush I had a chance to hit him. I tried to move towards him but he was gone before I could reach him. Somehow Dutch disappeared without a trace, gone.

(Come'on Dar, my turn to tell the story).
    So here we are, Dutch missing, Denal dead, overall not the best day to be me. At the time I was, how do I put it? Unstable? Our leader is dead and our second in command is dead, leader wise we were screwed. With Hazard literally at his death bed we didn't know what the hell to do, Dutch coordinated all the scouting efforts and did the jobs we refused or didn't want to do. We were fucking chicken without its head with Dutch gone. None of us knew what in the fuck to do. (I knew wh- shut the hell up Darman.) We had plans, but of course I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. Darmans voice seemingly sprouted out of the darkness consuming our base. "Wacky!"
    "Darman!" I cried out "Did you find anything of use, food? Wait, weres Dutch, Denal." When I saw the look on his face I knew, its amazing what horror a single expression can do to a person. I just stood there, My brain wasn't able to process the truth, Denal and Dutch were dead. Gone. Never to walk the earth. I just collapsed on the ground in disbelief, there was no way they were dead. No way.

(Ok Wacky, you've told your part of the story gimmie the Mic)
    It seemed like a split second after I was noticed by wacky he fainted, just a dead wait on the ground. At the time I was thinking Are you shiting me, I fucking walked through miles of forest fought god damn tons of raiders just to drag wackys body back to base! As I was walking toward wacky I noticed him moving a bit, "Wacky?" He stirred a bit more. "Wacky! For fucks sake get you god damn self off the ground!" That got him up. He stared at me for a second, and said "They aren't dead Dar, are they?"
    "I don't know wacky" I replied
    "What? How the fuck not, you didn't fucking abandon them in a fight did you?" He said angerly.
    Would he actually think I would do that? I guess so. "No, I would never fucking do that and you ought to know. Denal is dead, he was shot by a raider and we couldn't recover his body, I'm sorry."
    Wacky gulped a bit, "Dutch?" Came his almost child like small voice.
    ""Like I said before I don't know, he was dragged off by god knows what and he just disappered. I don't know were the hell he is or were he could be" Then a voice seemingly came out of no were. "Wacky! Sorry man, we were suppose to switch guard duty hours ago I for- Darman?" It was custom. I sighed in my head, I'm not a fucking story teller for Christs sake. "I'll tell you back at base, Custom do you think you could pull a couple people off patrol I have something to tell you all" I said.
    "Uh, yeah" he said apparently oblivious to the lack of Dutchs and Denals presence. "We've just got Alpha and TMP out."
    "Get them back here, were going to have to be without patrols for a bit"
    "That important 'eh?" Then it hit him, he looked around a bit almost comedicly. "Uh, Darman. Were is Dutch, Denal?"
    In response I simply said "I'll tell you at base, now go get TMP and Alpha" and I walked away with wacky in tow as Custom stood there watch

Mil-

"It's been days since they threw me in this dang shed. They haven't fed me yet, and I dought that they ever will. But they don't know why I pulled the gun on Hazard. They don't understand. I think I'm the only one that knows. Before I was in here, everyone looked at me like I was crazy. Darman in particular. Every once in a while, I'll try to get out, but there's no hope... I've banged on the triple-locked door and even screamed out of anger a few times... Sometimes, I wonder if they just forgot about me and left. Maybe they didn't forget...

Things aren't looking good for me. I don't think I can handle being in this tiny little hole any longer. I'll be able to survive for maybe another week if I conserve the small puddle of water I've discovered in the corner... I'm recording all this in my wrist-log. This may be my last entry..."

Dutch-

I slowly awoke but I all I could see was darkness around me. I tried moving my arms, but they were tried firmly behind my back. So I just laid there on the sandy floor thinking of what had happened. After what seemed hours I notice a dim light coming closer to where I lay. Three men appeared from the gloom two of them were caring rifles but the third had only had a side arm for protection.

"Who are you!" I exclaimed.

The one with the side arm spoke firmly.

"You should know by now Dutch"

"Raiders" I breathed under my breath.

"Correct, My name is bl*c" as the spoke he un-hosteled his side arm.

"I need answers to a couple questions Dutch"

"You'll never get me to talk!" I examined.

"You'll talk when I'm done with you" Bl*c said confidently.

After saying this bl*c raises his weapons and with great force swings the butt of the weapon directly into my face. Blood comes gushing out from my mouth. Spilling across the dirt floor. Bl*c gives orders for the other two men to begin beating me up.

This went on for four days in a row I had had nothing to drink or eat and my body was broken from the beatings. Every time the guards came to give me another round of beatings the thought of giving up increased. It was now the 6th day and today I knew in my heart I would die....

Alpha Beta-

"Take this you b******s! I screamed as I fired my AR. "Go to Hell!"
    TMP was right behind me, picking off Raiders trying to sneak behind us.
    "Quite a patrol isn't it Alpha?"
    "It sure is, hey at least we will get some target practice in!"
    "We sure will, how many do you think there are?"
    "20, maybe 30." Then all of a sudden, I saw a dark figure. It fired a pistol. I could feel the bullet breeze my head.
    "S***." I froze stunned I was so close to death. I heard the figure mutter something, and then run off with a body slinged over his back. The person's arms tied behind their back. TMP fired a couple bursts, and then eased up.
    "Alpha, you ok?" He asked worried.
    "Fine, just never been so close to dieing, I guess it was shell-shock, won't happen again sir!" I told him, suddenly remembering he was a 2 ranks higher then me.
    "Come on, they know not to mess with us anymore."
    "Piece, who do you think that guy had on his back?"
    "Don't know, looked like a prisoner, we'll see if anyone is MIA once we get back to camp."
    "Alright." We started walking back to camp with a few other survivors.

TMP-

C3 found Alpha and Piece close to camp, or rather, Piece and Alpha found C3. Anyways, they were sweaty and covered with blood, although nobody knew whose it was. When they got back to camp, Darman addressed anyone, and for once C3 did not interrupt.

"Lady and Gentleman," Darman said. "As you can see, we are short a few people."

"Yes, of course," said Alpha, applying bandages and gauze as he talked. "Denal, Mil and Dutch are missing."

"Correct."

Dutch
    Dutch

Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Birck_apocBrickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Customizer_tagBrickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Army_rank

Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Empty Re: Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE

Post  Dutch Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:00 pm

"So where are they?" asked Anne, with dried tears on here face. "Where are they?" It was quite easy to understand Anne's anxiety; She and Denal had been united for only 4 hours before they were seperated again, and she feared that they wouldn't be able to find them. Darman didn't have the heart to tell her he was dead, it would certainly drive her insane.

"That's the problem," he continued. "We don't know."

Anne burst into tears and Wacky rushed to comfort her. Everyone took turns to help her cope, making sure a relationship did not arise, which would turn an ordinary Brickpocalypse into a drama....

Darman-

I couldn't bring myself to do it, I couldn't tell Anne was dead. They were united only 4 fucking hours ago and now he is gone, dead. What the fuck is wrong with this world! I grabbed the nearest object, a food can, and smashed it into the ground scrambling the contents along the rough paved ground of our camp. I looked around for something else to smash, no calm down, I just started to just look around take in the surroundings of our camp, anything to calm myself down. There was the wall, that hellish wall, several concrete road blockers and parking concrete slopes stacked on top of each other with a length of barbed wire on the top. The water purifier designed by Denal, denal why the fuck is he dead! I started to grab a piece of fire wood but stopped myself. The water purifier perhaps one of the few left in the world. The shed recovered from the backyard of a house were Million used to be held until he escaped. The grouping of chairs were we hold our meetings, organize patrols, sort through food and held funerals. What am I going to do about Denals funeral? We can't do it without anne but we can't do it with here, god dammit! No stop, the shooting range and armory were we put weapons and vehicles recovered from military bases. The ISleep, heh I remember when we named it that. This road used to be a small one next to a Ihop, we saw and and thought it was the perfect place to sleep, and so it was dubbed the Isleep. We have beds lining the walls recovered from various places. The food and water storage, were we keep all our commodities like sheets, food, fire wood, ect. Then of course we have the fire pit, a hole created by god knows what were we make our fires and cook our food. This place has so much character, so many memory's...I grabbed a chair fully calmed down and just sat there in remembrance of the dead.

Dutch-

1 hour Before...

As I lye in agony on the dirt floor I hear the sound of guards approaching. I thought nothing of them instead I only thought about the pleasure of dying in fact I can hardly wait for the guards to begin there beating, but today was different there were three Raiders coming near me all waring desert camouflage uniforms. As they approached I noticed that one appeared to be carrying a rope and a cloth bag. What are they going to do with me I wondered? The guard nearest to me swung the butt of his rifle directly into my face and blackness enveloped me...

Denal-

-15 hours missing.
    I opened my eyes to find myself in a dark, gloomy cell. I could hear the annoying dripping of water somewhere off to my left. My mouth was parched. I quietly scooted over to the sound and put my hands under the source which the water was dripping. As I drew my hands back, I noticed that it wasn't water that I was about to drink, it was blood. I then reached over the source and set my hand down on something sticky, and slimy. I drew my hand back and smelt a horrible smell. I looked at my hand and vomited on the concrete floor. I touched a cracked open skull.
    After vomiting for about 5 minutes, I leaned back against a wall. I coughed up a litle bit of blood and noticed that my stomach was bleeding. I groaned.Right then, I heard someone walk to the cell and open the door.

Darman-

I heard the shouts before I heard the gun shots. I bolted up quickly throwing on my armor and grabbing my shot gun along with a couple of shells. I noticed no one else was in the Isleep, something was wrong, dreadfully wrong. I stood along the hallway to the door of our Camp, I stretched out my boot slowly making the door creak open. As I slowly edged my way along the wall I heard more gun shots, increasing my pace I finally after what seemed like ages reached the edge of the door. I slowly peaked out to see chaos. A massive group of raiders were firing there guns into the air as if to get the attention of someone else. Then I noticed the others, they were huddled in a group guns raised at the threat, but not a shot was fired. What the hell were they doing! Then I noticed something, the raiders, they had a person in between them someone dressed in ragged clothes and seemed to have a- Dutch! They had Dutch! Carefully I put away my shot gun and pulled out my sniper rifle. I checked my sights and aimed at the Raiders, just in case the negotiations (Which I assume thats what they were) were finished or ruined. We can't fucking blow this, not with Dutch at stake, should I take a shot prematurely? What if I missed, or hit Dutch. And why didn't they wake me? Pushing all those thoughts, worries, and doubts aside instead of taking a shot I focused on the conversation. I noticed a lean and muscular raider was doing all the talking. "We know he belongs to this camp don't deny it!" Wait, how did they get the location of the camp? Did Dutch reveal it, how long was he being fucking tortured? The poor bastard. "We want that purifier of yours for him! We know you have one!" Then I saw Wacky stepping up to the plate, looking ready to talk. I was surprised, genuinely surprised. He spoke with confidence and with authority behind his voice. He was actually intimidating raiders. "Do you really think we have a purifier? We do not, people will say anything while under torture anything to make the pain stop you should know that.". The raider spoke again. "We know you have it! Don't deny it or you might not want you buddy here back so badly!"
    Then wacky spoke again. "How can we give what we do not have?"
    The raider made a signal and the raiders holding dutch tugged him up to a standing position and raised a gun to his head. "You give us the damn purifier or your buddy dies." Raising my rifle I looked down the sights taking in note the wind speeds and meters away I took in a breath and fired in quick succession. The two raiders were down in seconds, then all hell broke loose. The raiders fired shots at the group, and we fired back. Bodys fell to the ground and smoke flew around from the running of feet. Were was Dutch, then I noticed him his hands behind his back but he was running dashing towards me. Then he fell, slammed aside by a raider. The raider was dead in seconds, his head pierced by a sniper bullet. I brought back the bolt ready for a second shot when I felt me being tugged back by strong arms. A raider, he must have come through the back. I dropped to the ground lending go of my sniper rifle and kicking the raider in the stomach sending him sprawling to the floor. I grabbed by shot gun and aimed at him but the raider brought up a leg and kicked it out of my hand and jumped of the ground slamming me into the floor and brought a combat knife to my throat. I was dead I knew it, after so many fucking years of surviving it was for nothing. I was dead. A shot rang out and the raider slumped down on me, pushing the body aside I looked to the side of me to see Denal. Holding my shot gun in his hand. I was to die another day, and so it seems Denal as well.

Dutch-

Once the fighting broke out I made a desperate dash for the nearest building. Suddenly I found myself face down in the dirt and a raider hovering above me. I hear a loud bang and his corpse lands on top of me. So with all my strength I manged to wiggled free of the corpse. I only had 15 yards till I reached the building suddenly a heavy hand grabs my neck then I was pulled upward. The unknown man spoke.

"Cease fire!" He bellowed.

Pointing the barrel of a glock to my head while he motioned his men to follow us out of the camp. My hopes of seeing Darman,TMP and every one where gone.

Darman-

A bullet pierced the two raiders heads from what seemed simultaneously and then all hell broke loose. I shot off my machine gun in shrot bursts while I dove for the cover in the pit as shots hit the dirt all around me and whizzed past my head. Who took the shots and were was Dutch?, should I risk trying to get to him? No, he can get away himself. Darman, the sniper must have been Darman, he'll keep Dutch covered I'm sure off it. I popped my head up to check out the situation and the most prominent thing I noticed was Wacky, lying on the ground with a bullet wound around his chest area. I've got to get to him. I brought up my gun and fired off a few controlled bursts, raiders fell down by the dozens by my steady aim. I suddenly popped out of cover and headed towards Wacky. I grabbed him and tried to drag him back to the pit, I wasn't successful. I felt a tugging wait behind me as I was thrown to the side by the raider who seemed to be the leader, the one who was doing the talking. I tried to bring up my gun but he stomped on it and kicked it across the ground, no one was around to help me. I tried to reach my side arm but his arm grabbed mine and forcible rose me to my feet. I tried to kick out but my foot meet what seemed to be solid steel and pain shot up my leg. The raider grinned. I knew I was doomed, I had no weapons and this raider was obviously stronger and much well armored them me. But then I noticed something, he had a pair of dog tags around his neck. I swung around and out his iron grip and grabbed them while I continued my swing continue until my feet were on his back with his dog tags constricting his throat. He swung his arms to try to reach me but his armor prevented him from doing so, he dropped to his knees as his faced turned purple. He then slammed to the ground dead. I glanced towards wacky to make sure he was OK, and so I continued to tredge back to the pit with wacky slung on my back while shots rang out in the distance.

Mil-

I think they know I'm missing... Yesterday, I broke out of that stupid shed. It was night time when I got out. I searched for Hazard, but saw sombody walking around outside the ISleep. I turned night vision on and relized it was a raider. I turned and saw two more raiders. Then another one! I could tell that there was more too. I pulled out my knife which I had sharpened with an old shovel while I was in the shed. I made sure I was silent, and then stabbed one of the raiders in the neck. I was lucky that all he made was a short gasp that wasn't noticeable to any of the others. One of them saw me, but before he could tell his friends, I threw my knife and hit him in the heart. Blood splattered on the one behind him. He yelled and that's when I ran. It's morning now, and I still haven't had anything to eat...

Alpha Beta-

1 hour after battle:
    The fighting for the most part was over, few die-hard raiders still fired, the rest though fled. Darman did a great job with his MG.
    "Darman!" I called out. "I'm gonna scout ahead, make sure their not massing together for another attack."
    "Fine, be careful, we can't afford to lose anyone else!" He called back. I ran off into the woods, making sure I stayed silent. I saw a large oak tree, and climbed to the top. I looked through my BR scope, and saw, a civilian.
    "Damnet" I said to myself, "probably a raider." The man walked alone, no gun, and as far as I could see his only defense was a combat knife. I made my way down from the tree, my BR still aimed.
    "You there, what is your business here?" I yelled.
    "Are you from The Ark?"
    "Depends"
    "I want to join up"
    "slide your combat knife to me." He did as he was told. I knew he might be a raider, but a new recruit was too good to pass up.
    "Follow me, but first what's your name?"
    "My name is JJ."

I thought I remembered a while back that JJ wanted to be included.

I walked back to camp, JJ in front of me. Darman was the first to see me.
    "Who the hell is that?"
    "Recruit" I said.
    "What's your name?"
    "JJ sir."
    "Well JJ, go over to that guy over there," Darman pointed to Piece, "he'll set you up with training."
    "Sir" JJ walked over to Piece. Darman motioned me over to the meeting area.
    "What the hell are you thinking Alpha! A 'recruit'! He might be a Raider, its too Risky!"
    "He was walking around un-armed, he wanted to join, so I lead him here. We both know that we need recruits."
    "But a random person in the forest! Do you know the risks?"
    "Risks Darman? We only take risks, the Raiders know where are camp is. How risky is that?"
    "Alpha, I see where your coming from, but we can't deal with this right now."
    "I'll train him."
    "Fine, but if he makes the slightest move to make me think he is a raider, I'm shootin his head off."
    "Deal." I walked away towards JJ to begin his training.

C3-

I had just come from working on my plans when I heard gunfire. I ran to the nearest cover, which happened to be a big crater where a grenade had hit the ground. I could see the whole fight from there. TMP was gunning the heck out of whoever didn't have armor, Darman was really nailing some of the raiders, and Dutch was running over to him... Dutch??? The raiders must have brought him as a hostage. For what??? They couldn't know about my new machine... could they? No, they must want the purifier we found. I ran to the shed we kept it in, just in time to find two raiders ransacking the place. Before they noticed me I hit one of them in the neck, instantly killing him. The next one turned at me with a machine gun, and suddenly dropped to the ground. "Mil, what the ****?" "I've escaped", he said, "I'm not crazy like everybody thinks. I know what could save us!" "What?" "Let me go, I'll find it" I let him go, somehow I knew he was telling the truth.

Later I went back to camp. "C3, you missed the whole battle!" "I was guarding the purifier, I think you missed two of the raiders" "Dutch and Denal are back!" said Darman, "although I don't know how Denal found us again. And after all that they caught Dutch again." "Hmm... Mil's escaped, and while he was running away he said something about saving us." Hazard got a real sarcastic look on his face. "And you fell for it." "I guess so. What's the worst that could happen though?"

Dutch-

I lye upon this awful dirt floor trying to get some much needed sleep. When two raiders come lumbering in carrying what could only be a body. They roughly dropped the body onto the hard packed earth. As the body hit the ground it let out a yell of pain. Once the raiders had left I spoke softly to this unknown person.

"Who are you?"

"My names Wacky" He spoke in a fearful tone.

I couldn't belie this now I could get some news from the out side, but at the same time I felt sad for Wacky he was now like me. A prisoner.

"Wacky it's me Dutch" I exclaimed.

"Dutch? it's really you?" Questioned Wacky

"Yes! Tell me how did you end up being captured?"

"I was assigned to patrol the far borders of the camp by myself as we where shot hardened. I had only been on patrol for a couple hours when suddenly ever thing went dark around me and I woke up here." Explained Wacky

"Dutch what do you think they'll do to me?"

"I don't know"

but in the back of my head I knew what they'll do to Wacky...

Darman-

Craters cut across the land scape, a fucking swiss cheese of death. Pieces of blackened wood were scattered across the camp almost as much as the bodies, but not quite. Destruction rained down from the deepest pits of hell, or that is what it seemed. The camp was in fucking shambles, all that work, pointless, all that hope, gone. We were fucking dead, our patches of farm land which kept us alive are destroyed bullets lodged in the ground and it seemed like black powder was etched into the concrete itself. With the big game having left our area of land long ago we will have to go on, leave and it seemed like no one could take that fact. "No Darman, fucking no! This camp is our fucking livelihood!" I can't say Denal was not right, our camp may have been one of the last rays of sun light left in this hell hole of earth, but we had to leave there was nothing left here for us but more death and a horrendous way of living."Denal, you have to face the facts. There is no fucking way we can stay here, and even if we did manage to scratch a living out of this place it would be fucking miserable." I almost wanted to explode, why the fuck wouldn't he realize the consequences of staying. Then came his reply. "This whole fucking world is miserable what fucking difference would it make if we left or not! There is nothing left of this god damn world, humanity is gone we might as well fucking give up!" He was almost right, but there could always be another shed of light another camp. Then I realized what Million was talking about, what if he was right? I felt a pang of guilt, we left him in that shed for days to quench hope, how fucking wrong was that. "Denal, you've got to realize there is a better chance of us staying alive if we follow the game, our farms are destroyed there is nothing more we can get from them. We have to move on, you've got to accept that. How is to say there isn't another camp like ours out there? He laughed, denal fucking laughed.
    "Look at yourself Darman, your starting to sound like Million. We have a vacant spot in the shed you know." I looked at him, I was genuinely shocked. Denal, denal was fucking threatening me. "You fucker, you can't god damn intimate me. We can't stay here!" I screamed. We were starting to gather a crowd, a rather large one. "I'm sorry Darman this is for the best for all of us." Suddenly I felt a pair of hands grab me from behind, and Denal simply plucked my pistol right of of me. "You fucker, you fucker!" I screamed as I was dragged off.

Chapter 2.

The shed, once you experience it you would never want to again. It became a jail of sorts were we kept captured raiders or the occasional person who snapped, and now Denal convinced the others I was. I glanced at the pair who was dragging me, hank and TMP. "You two are making a mistake, you don't want to make a enemy of me". TMP just looked at me as hank tosses me into the shed, a look of pity.. I spit at him, and with that he shut the door and I heard the click of a lock. Essentially I was doomed, I was to either be left in the shed to die or die because these morons can't realize there was no way we can stay here. I just sat down, starting to feel the shock consume me. Denal, denal threw me in The Shed. That bastard, he should have died back at the Raider camp. At that point I finally understood Million, how he must have felt when I tossed here in him as his desperation, shock, and worry consumed him eating away at his very being. I felt disgusting, and for the first time in many months I realized that we were not the saints we make ourselves out to be.

I've got to say this is probably my best piece of writing I have ever wrote. Not just in Brick Apocalypse but in all my years of writing for fun. I enjoyed writing this portion of the story a lot and I enjoyed portraying my character coming to a realization and face the horrors he placed on another being. It was quite the experience to write this and you can expect entries like this more often. Thanks for sticking with this story for so long and I love all your guys feed back, and to my fellow writers out there. Keep 'em coming, don't let anything stop you!
    Chapter 3!
    As I lay down on my pillow I saw something, a piece of paper sticking out of the wood supports in the roof. You wouldn't notice it if you were glancing around the room but you had to actually lay on the cot to see it. I instinctively glanced around to check if the doors were open or if I heard any foot steps approaching. nothing, silence. I slowly sat up as if not to disturb anyone like my body still felt like it was in the Isleep. I grabbed a piece of fire wood off a metal shelve, to add a couple extra feet so I could reach the paper. I balanced precariously on the wooden log, adjusting my stance every couple seconds as to not to fall off, as my hand got into range I quickly snatched the paper of the support and jumped off the log, after shoving the log back onto the shelf I finally checked the note. It was folded in half and had a single word written on it, To The Next Prisoner. We've have many prisoners stuck up in the barn over the many months but I had some gut feeling this was from Million, may it be the hand writing or simply that instinct that has kept me alive all these years. I carefully opened the letter as if not to damage anything and I noticed something immediately, a single sentence that spoke to me. "Welcome to true hell". Those 4 words confirmed my thoughts, this was from Million. I finally lay back down on my cot and started to read.

"If you are reading this then you must have pissed off someone, be it Darman or Dutch. But whoever locked you up in this cage doesn't matter anymore, all that matters is escaping and I intend to tell you how to do so. Look to the right of you, there are pieces of metal shards on the floor behind the metal shelf. Pick them up you can use them as a weapon and to pick the lock on the door..."

I did as told for once in my life, I checked behind the metal shelf and clear as day were a couple metal shards that seemed to have been cut off from the bars supporting the shelf. I picked them up and placed them into the breast plate of my armor. I continued on reading.

"If you have the metal shard proceed over to the door, you can lock it from both sides. Use the metal shard to pick the lock if you do not know how check the end of this letter for more detailed instructions."

Without the need for a tutorial on lock picking I took the shard back out of my breast plate and stuck it into the lock, after a few careful maneuvers I finally heard that click. Freedom. I checked the letter one last time.

"Make sure to keep to the inside of the camp, whoever is guarding the perimeter never leaves there post and the inside of the camp should be relatively clear. There is a small hole in the wall near the right corner by the pit. Use it to get out, if it is not there then your on your own. Good luck
    - Million"

I stashed the letter into my pocket a slowly crept out of the shed. I checked around me, no guards. The morons. As I made my way to the pit keeping to the shadows I noticed something, the armory door was slightly ajar. It can't hurt to treat myself to some fancy new weapons now can it? Oh boy was I wrong.

Denal-

3 hours after the battle
    I imediatly collapsed onto the dull wall. I stared at my feet, covered by boots which were torn and worn. I thought about my arguement with Darman. It was the best for all of us. We couldn't just leave our camp behind. It contains so many memories I just can't mention them all. Happy memories or fucked up ones we, as a whole, lived through it all. This is probably the one ray of light that can lead us to a brighter future. I don't regret what we did to Darman. I don't give a fucking damn. I pondered through my scrapbook of memories. I tried to remember all of them. I stared at Darman's pistol. It was hanging lazily in my right hand this whole time. I pointed the weapon at myself. I stared into the barrel trying to find a way to fix this camp, restore it to it's natural form. There was no way. A tear went down my cheek as I finally lost all hope. I began to finger the trigger, but then I stopped myself. Who am I leaving behind if I do this? I stared at the weapon for a few minutes and then through it over the wall. I got up and walked to the shed. I have something to do.
    Dutch
    Dutch

Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE    Empty Re: Brickapocalypse STORIES ONLY, CAUTION FOUL LANGUAGE

Post  Dutch Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:01 pm

C3-

Man, everything is crazy! After the battle, I went to check on my prototype in the armory, the Raiders didn't find it but they could have accidentally hit it with something. No, it was fine, should still work. The main chamber needed some cleaning, but that's what you'd expect in the middle of a gunfight in the middle of Armageddon. I had just put it away when I heard the door... the door, damn! I left it open! It was Darman. "Hi Darman!" He jumped back like he was surprised to see me. "C3, I didn't know you were here!" "no problem," I told him, "are you on guard duty?" He looked at me like I was completely forgetting something. "Uh, I don't really know what was going on today, I've been working in here a while." Visibly relived, like he was hiding something, Darman calmed down a bit. "Yes, I'm on guard duty, but my sniper rifle jammed, could I have one from here?" "Sure, here" I gave him one of the rifles I had been cleaning as an excuse to be in here. I've gotta snoop around more, I thought, if I had missed something Darman had thought was ovbious. Hmm...

Darman-

The midnight air was thick and musty, as always. Suddenly I heard footsteps, I quickly dived inside the armory and I watched what looked like Hazard. Twirling his gun as a piece of tumble weed, well, tumbled by. It looked like it was straight from a western movie, I would have laughed if I didn't want to give away my position. I let myself release a slight grin and I gently shut the door of the Armory and stepped inside. The first thing I noticed was a line of sniper rifles dominating a upper part of the racks, there were 7 CheyTac Intervention's. There brilliant pieces of art, there built for long range and soft targets with a .408 CheyTac round which are aplenty in the military bases we scavenged from. They have a accuracy of up to 2,300 meters and have a 7 round clip plenty for a well trained sniper. I picked one up and slapped it to my back, as well picked up enough rounds to fill up 3/4ths of my armor cases. Then of course I noticed the queen, a SPAS-12 combat shot gun. The model on the rack had a 8 round capacity and a fold-able stock, perfect for my situation. It used 12 gauge rounds which are extremely common in the United States and you can almost always find those rounds just about anywhere you look. I slung a bandolier filled with 12 gauge rounds and filled up a couple more of my Armor pouches with more ammo. Then of course the M16A2 the standard issue carbine to the American Military and it packs quite the punch. I filled up a second banolider and the rest of my pockets with 5.56x45mm NATO rounds and I was ready. I was carrying about 100 pounds in weapons and armor, it would certainly decrease my mobility but I think it will be worth it in the end. Satisfied with my haul I started to walk out the door but before I could make my escape Custom threw open the door. I started to bring up my shot gun but Custom kicked it away right before I pulled the trigger. "Darman, its just me!" He yelled. Had he not been at the pit when the argument with Denal happened? "What are you doing with all those weapons, going on patrol or something? Looks like you can take on an army with all that" He jokingly claimed. I laughed along with him, "No Denal thinks we may have found the Raiders base camp and he told me to stock up for a counter offensive." He looked at me for a second, or was it behind me? I acted on instict I ducked down and swung my feet behind me and I heard a omf as the figure hit the ground. Custom looked at me for a second and starting saying "What the fu-" before I punched him in the face knocking him clean out. I turned around to take care of the person behind me, it was Denal. I started to bring up my shot gun then thought for a second, do I really want to do this? No, I'll be on the same level as them. Instead I kicked Denal knocking him out as well. With the deed done I dragged both Customs and Denals bodies behind the desk in the center of the armory. I walked out of the armory, perhaps with a little more stride in my step.

Mil-

I went back to camp yesterday. Don't know why. I guess I wanted some the companionship of some of my friends before I go on my journey to the scra- Well, nevermind about that. Turns out I ran into Alpha Beta. Then Darman... I asked them if they wanted to accompany me, but... They refused. I figure they may eventually leave camp and come find me. However, they don't know where I'm going... I can't write much about where I'm going for the fact that there are raiders out here. I've already killed two. All I need is my knife. I guess it's good that I have such an arm. It comes in handy for hurling my dagger at those retards. I stole some food from camp. I've gotta admit. When you haven't eatin in two weeks, rotted apples taste pretty good.

TMP-
    My version of my escape from the camp.

Although I knew it was only maybe 30 seconds, the wait and silence seemed like years. Any moment I knew the raiders were gonna shoot Dutch, and right before I went to go(I technically was in commando after Dutch and Denal), Wacky stepped up and started to speak.
    Wacky. Wacky, of all people, stepped up and negotiated terms with the raiders.
    His loyalty is strong, I thought. I wonder what Dutch saved Wacky from to get this loyalty.
    It was a rhetorical question in my mind, of course. We all knew Dutch saved Wacky from a horde of zombies when this whole mess began.
    Wacky talked for a bit, explaining that we did not have what they wanted. A very famous quote came through my mind:
    These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.
    My mind finds the craziest times for thoughts like these.
    Wacky was almost arguing now, with the raiders yelling and grunting back, claiming that we did indeed have a water purifier. Just as one of the raiders lifted up their gun, a few very loud sounds shattered the argument, and all four of the negotiating raiders fell dead.
    The rest was a blur. Raiders burst in the room, guns a blazing. C3, Anne, and the others fought back, pulling out concealed pistols and Uzis. I saw Wacky fall and made a break toward him amidst the gunfire. I picked him up and hauled him onto my shoulder.
    Jeez, this guy is light, I thought. He should eat a bit more. And then: Then again, there’s not much to eat. I’ve probably lost 50 kilos by now.
    With Wacky somehow balanced across my shoulder, I pulled out my SMG and fired.
    Short Bursts, My instructor told me. Spray too much and you miss. Miss too much and you die.
    I fired in short bursts.
    I fired basically at anyone not wearing armor, and emptied a clip into the crowd. I dropped my dry clip onto the ground and took out another one.
    Look at that sexy reload, my instructor commented during basic SMG training. I still use the one I used when I was in the EA army. As I ran and shot, I gave an almost hysterical smile.
    I made a break toward the Isleep, the safest place in the camp. Song lyrics came to mind:
    You're making a choice to live like this,
    And all of the noise,
    I am silence.
    We already know how it ends tonight,
    You run in the dark through a firefight.
    And I would explode just to save your life,
    Yeah I would explode….

And then: I’ve got to stop thinking random thoughts at times like these no matter how fitting they may be, I thought.
    I made it to the Isleep, or rather; I hoped I had made it. Something large, smelly, and heavy tackled me just as I got to the Isleep.
    I groaned internally. This is why I never played Rugby.
    I tried to get up, but the raider pinned me down again. He then proceeded to choke me. I tried to resist, but he was too strong. I was a rather slight person, so I had no chance against this huge behemoth.
    Sorry, guys, I thought. I hope to see heaven, and of course, her…..
    Then I noticed a something. It was a pair of dog tags. Some of them said NAF, others said EA, and many were unmarked.
    All the more reason to kill you, I thought.
    I pulled on the dog tags with all my might, and for some weird reason he relaxed his grip. I used this chance to relinquish his grip on my neck and kick him. I may be slight, but I did take Judo as a child. He staggered backwards, obviously surprised by the sudden turning of tables. He was fast, but I was faster. I dove for my weapon, and he dove too, just barely touching my feet. I got up quickly, and he stayed on the ground, trying to get up.
    I guess it’s a good thing I’m slight, then, I thought as I got up, stepped on his back and shot him in the head a few times.
    I picked up Wacky again, who seemed unscathed other than his bleeding arm. The Ark had arranged a meeting place would anything like this happen. With Wacky over my solider, I walked away from our smoking, bleeding campsite.

Alpha Beta-

I slowly awoke from what felt like 3 weeks of sleeping. When my eyes adjusted, all I could see was that I was in a dark room, a saw a rat scurry past me, a small window letting in a little light. I tried to move my arms, but they where tied behind my back. I saw my shoulder where Darman shot me was poorly bandaged. Darman, what the f*** was up with him. Was Denal right, was he crazy? I quickly disbanded the thought, because Darman, had always been a good soldier. What was happening to The Ark. Mil is gone, now Darman is too, JJ is who knows where, and the camp is under Denal's control, before I know it, I could be shooting at Wacky. I saw the large metal door in front of me. It slowly opened. A man walked in.
    "Make this easy on yourself, unlike your freinds, tell me everything about your camp."
    "Go f*** yourself."
    "Jackass." He responded, he took out needles.
    "Of all the f***en people in the world to get equipment to toture, its you f***en raiders!"
    "Calm down boy, this will only hurt like hell."

After I didn't talk, the raider left. The last 15 minutes had been pure hell. The only thing that kept me going was how good it would feel when I shot that guys damn face off. Whoever tied my hands had done a s***y job. I worked at it, worked at it, and they finally I was able to get them off. I rushed for the door, which lucky for me, didn't have a window. It slowly creeked open, this was my chance, I punched the incoming raider in the face, and stopped his unconscience body from thudding on the floor. I grabbed the rifle he was holding. I started running looking for the way out, shooting everyone I saw. Then I saw the raider that tortured me.
    "Go to f***en hell and burn I yelled." I shot him dead center in the face.Then I remembered that the raider mentioned my freinds here.
    "F***", I muttered. I went and looked through the jail cells. It took me a good 10 min. before I came to the last cell. I opened the door. There against the wall was Wacky and Dutch. They stared at me, surprised. I went over to them and shot off the chains on their arms.
    "Thanks Alpha." Dutch said.
    "Don't thank me yet, we still have to get out of here." We all went for the exit, and went up stairs. When we reached the exit, I slowly opened the door. We where on the outskirts of the raider camp.
    "Lets go," I said. We ran for an hour until I recognized where we where.
    "Camp is to the South, get going."
    "What about you?" Wacky asked.
    "I have a score to settle." I walked off towards the forest to who knows where. For the first time in this war, I felt like I had finally cracked.

Darman-

The Wall, a land mark that dominated the land scape around it and was the core defense in the overall survival of our, or my former, camp. From its appearance it appeared fragile, a long line of concrete barriers from various parking spots wielded together by long metal strips and topped off with barbed wire collected from different military bases. It had a row of sand bags in some areas to further fortify the position and while its fear factor may not be much it certainly proved its worth. Its helped us fend of countless hoards of Zombies and raiders, it was racked with bullet holes and blood marks. It almost defined us, blood, guts, and battle scarred I can see the resemblance. I looked at it, and the cautiously constructed guard towers spaced far apart which were empty for the most part. We don't have enough hands to cover all of them, and with the hoards all but moved or eliminated there are of little use now. Just in case though I stayed low to the ground, keeping to the shadows and moving slow but confidently forward. I've got my weapon at ready in case of ready and I remain prone the whole way. Then I finally noticed it, the hole in the wall Million noted in his message, I am slightly surprised it is still there. I instinctively do a last double take from my days of scouting, I've got all my bases covered, food, water, weapons, ammunition, cleaning kits everything necessary for a lone mission. Of course those set ups were meant for only short periods of time, I shove those thoughts aside. I have no were else to go, this is my only option and I will have to deal with it. I make my way to the whole, a million thoughts were going through my head in that moment. How will I survive out there? Is there even any food left! There has got to be some small game left would there be? How many Zombies are out there? Were is the raider base and should I be worried about them? I try to put all those thoughts aside, all my doubts, all my worries, everything but its every part of my brain is telling me these Ifs there is a good chance I will die out there. I am at the hole, I can do this, I can do this and then I think for a second, there is no way I will survive out there. Not on foot and then I hatch a plan, which involved a lot of food, gas, and a good ol' Humvee not to mention some stealing.

Alpha Beta-

My Journey Part 1

I wandered aimlessly through the forest, trying to make a map of it all. I already came into contact with the raiders, I tried my best to evade them, but they are itching for a fight. I walked for 2 days until I came across a broken down town. I walked in, gun in my hands. People, civilians, unarmed walked out staring, parents holding their kids close. They thought I was a raider.

My Journey Part 2

The town just looked at me when I was walking. All the children that where playing in the streets ran. I finally got the nerves to ask a question.
    "Where is the leader of this town?" A tall man, who looked to be in his 50s stepped forward.
    "I am, my name is Robert."
    "May I talk to you?"
    "So be it." He lead me to his house.
    "So what is your business here Raider?"
    "I'm not a Raider."
    "Good, they usually come through are town every so often, bringing only despair with them, they pilage and commit crimes against this town."
    "...."
    "So what are you doing here."
    "I come here for a rest stop, and possible to buy some supplies."
    "Go 2 doors down, to a tan house, a woman lives their, her name is Mary, she will let you stay with her."
    "Thank you, I'll pay for it."
    "What good is money?"
    "I have combat weapons. If you need them."
    "It will take more then that to stop the Raiders." I walked out, the town outsid waiting, the leader stepped outside.
    "Don't be alarmed, he is a freind. They all calmed down and they went back to their normal business. I went down to the tan house, which looked to be like an inn. I knocked on the door. It opened, and an 8 year old boy was looking at me.
    "What do you want?" He said trying to make himself look intimidating.
    "I'm looking for your mom." I said as nice as a battle-hardened killer could say.
    "Mom, come here." He never stopped looking at me. A blonde-haired woman came towards him, looking to be in her early 20s. When she saw me, she froze.
    "What do you want?"
    "A room in your inn."
    "I have no rooms for Raiders."
    "I'm not a Raider." Just then then Robert walked behind me.
    "Mary, its ok, he is a freind. She nodded and motioned me towards a room.
    "Is this ok?"
    "Its fine." I replied smiling. She walked away. I was too tired from my journey, so I collapsed on the bed, making sure my gun was still in hand.

My Journey Part 3

I woke up to the sounds of screams. I heard gunshots.
    "What the hell?" I grabbed my BR. I heard a knock at the front door to the Inn. Suddenly it burst opened. A man with a skull mask walked through.
    "Anyone home? You need to pay your taxes." I heard Mary walk towards the man.
    "I have nothing to give you, me and my son are barely getting by."
    "Oh, too bad." I heard Mark shriek in pain.
    "Wait, the boss liked you din't he." Mary started yelling.
    "I'm not coming with you!"
    "Too bad girly." Mary's voice grew fainter. I can't believe I didn't help her. I burst out of my room. BR pointed. The house was empty. I saw her son crying on the floor.
    "Don't worry, I'm getting your mom back." I told him. I ran out of the inn. Running down the road. People where crying, a few houses where on fire. I didn't have time to help everyone. I came to the city center, and 5 people where standing their, Mary held by her wrists was struggling to get free. What seemed to be the leader of the group of Raiders was talking.
    "This is what happens to people who don't pay their taxes. He took out a pistol.
    "Drop it, and let the girl go," I yelled, BR aimed at the leaders head.
    "Alpha," he said. He took off his skull mask. He was my best freind as a child.
    "Pat?"

Rabid-

It’s been hard these past few days. Endless as they may seem. Keeping tack is difficult. When you’re out where there is no reason to live, it’s hard to care enough to eat. Looking back on it, perhaps he was better for us than he was worse. It was roughly 4 hours previous to myself writing this, that he arrived. I had just finished watch when I heard a twig snap to my left. My head swung around like a plane propeller. There standing before me was a blond man, medium height, medium build. He looked like he had been out beyond our camp border for days. Unshaven, and filthy-- I’m probably worse, I thought to myself. What shook me the most was the fact that he had what looked like a brand new sniper rifle, how he had the time to clean so often or where he got this new weapon was beyond me. It took me a second to realize the gun was pointed directly at my head. I was about to yell out for someone, anyone. Dying at the hand of this stranger without the rest of them getting out was unbearable. If I was murdered by him, someone may as well know who to give my comeuppance to. Before I could make a sound he swung his arm around my head, securely making sure I couldn’t let out a sound. He mumbled to me in a rough voice, thick with an unknown accent, ”I’m not here to kill you, just let me in your camp.” I had no choice, but to do so. I stumbled into camp in front of him out of breath all of a sudden. Some of the group were sitting out and saw us coming n. The y reached for their weapons, but he was faster. His gun was quickly swinging back and forth around them. He sat down and pulled out some canteen, and began to drink from it.

Alpha Beta-

"Pat?" I asked.
    "Alpha, its been too long." He replied "Guys take off your masks." There, all my old freinds stood.
    "Chris, Matt, Brian, Jeff." They all stood there, my freinds.
    "I'm going to ask it once, step away from the girl."
    "I'm sorry Alpha. I can't do that. Alpha, not everyone has had an easy time. Jeff almost died from the gas. Alpha, where just trying to survive. It's like the food chain. The strong take from the weak."
    "I'm sorry." I shot at them. First, Chris went down. My freinds though, wheren't that bad of shots. Pat hit my BR right out of my hand.
    "S***" I took out my 2 pistols. Then Matt and Brian went down. Then one of my pistols was shot out. I took out my knife and rushed at Jeff. I stabbed him in the head, killing him instantly, and painlessly. Pat looked at me.
    "Why?"
    "Because, you don't steal, you don't kill because you couldn't survive. Pat it is wrong."
    "What is right and wrong now?"
    "Pat don't make me do this?"
    "Die." That was the last word he said, I shot him dead between the eyes. I collapsed on my knees, crying. I had finally broken. I had fell off the cliff into a point of no return. I had just killed my best freinds in my life.* Mary ran over, and tryed to comfort me. I was done, I was done with this war. I'm done with killing, I'm done. I went back to the inn, and collapsed. The next day, I left a sidearm and a combat knife on my bed and fled the city. Taking the weapons of my freinds to replace my own. I went on, carrying a load, that I knew would brake me.

Mil-

"Finally arrived at the scrap-yard. That's what we call it down here. There's nothing down here but scraps of metal and old machine parts. Since all my Shock Ark troops died, I came here to meet up with my friends that somehow survived the apocylapse. It's almost been a year since I've seen them. I also finally got some quality food. Seems that there's more zombies down here rather than raiders. Which sucks, because the numbers of them are immense.

Haven't heard anything from the Ark down at camp. I sure hope they're okay..."

Darman-

You couldn't find anything narrower then the ally between The Wall and the storage room. It was muddy and the air was impregnated with the odors of long since spoiled meats we use to fish. They were a good many little dug outs created for personal belongings, luckily no one was in them tonight. I took that all in from the single glance I took down the strip of dirt, oh the memories of this place. Now why would I travel on this down trodden god forsaken piece of land? The vehicles were all kept behind it, and I intend to take one and so with a light tread and carefully placed foot steps as to not fall into any indentations into the land I crossed the ally and when I stepped out I was welcomed with the side of The Vehicle Storage. It wasn't storage really, its just were we keep all our vehicles and gas its just a simply open plain that was originally a undeveloped plot next to the Gun Store we now use as a armory. Simple and well protected, but not tonight, no with Dutch having been recaptured everyone is at the Gathering Area preparing for a rescue plan. But in my opinion its never going to happen, Denal wouldn't relinquish his hold on this group now that he has it in his iron grip not without a little...motivation. I carefully crept into the Vehicle Storage just in case Denal did post guards but of course he didn't, the moron. I thought. I grabbed all the gas cans that could fit in the trunk of the hummer and quietly closed the lid. I looked around, no one in site. So I slowly walked away from the hummer and into the Storage. The Storage was reasonably large, it used to be a warehouse of some kind but now we use it to keep bait and some Military rations we captured from some bases and abandoned survival camps. I grabbed all I could carry and proceeded back to the Humvee were I dumped them all in the back seat and went back to The Storage to gather some more. After I was satisfied with my haul I made sure to grab a couple pots to boil the rations and some plates and utensils to eat it on, no need to eat like a savage. I also made sure to grab a lot of water bottles, I wanted to keep moving as much as I could and I would have to leave the road and the Humvee to find water. I was ready, with all the gas in the carefully bullet proofed trunk, the automatic turret fully loaded with a shit ton of ammo all lined up for it to fire, the food and water, but I still didn't feel ready and I realized why. I wanted to go out with a bang, make a show of my leaving, it may be stupid but I wanted to show those filthy mother fuckers exactly what is coming for them, make them unable to sleep wondering If I will be back with vengeance. So I grabbed one last thing, fire crackers. we planned to shoot them off when fourth of July came around but this is a suitable use as
    Dutch
    Dutch

Post  Dutch Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:01 pm

well, to me at least. So after what felt like ages I used 1 of the 30 match books in the glove box to light the fire crackers at the pull of a string. I then grabbed a couple buckets of red paint and put a symbol onto my Humvee, a dark red circle with a single white line down the middle and two white dots at the sign. The fire works were also rigged to make a similar symbol in the air this whole stunt may be dangerous, and even down right stupid but I truly felt it was worth it. And so as that last drop of paint was placed on the Humvee, Aries was born.

I had my doubts, worries, fears, regrets as the sound of the Humvees engine rang throughout the camp. But at that point there was no going back, no turning around and with that thought in my mind I gunned the engine and stepped on the gas pedal. I shot through the gap between the Armory and the Storage and the various pieces of rubble scattered across the land in between them. The little things in that alleyway reminded by off a lot of memories, past battles fought along side my squad in the war, my first horrifying encounter with The Hoard, the construction of this camp, everything really. It was like strands of memories in a torrent of colors and sounds that were whizzing past my Humvee's windows. As I finally burst out of that gap I finally came to the acceptance of my leaving of this Camp, everything, all my regrets, mistakes all accepted in that moment. Shouts rang out as I sharply turned the Humvee to the right kicking up rocks and dirt sending it spiraling over the pit and into the gathering area were a group of people were amassing. They were all panicking, running around trying to find some form of cover or protection, only a few had the guts to fire of a couple shots at me but I was moving to fast to recognize any faces. I was coming up the gate fast, the person in the Guard Tower tried to open up the gate knowing it was better for it to come out intact them smashed but it was slow moving and I crashed into it bring a few concrete barriers with me. I finally pulled the string that was linked to the fire works and they launched into the air, shooting off sparks as they reached there maximum altitude creating the shape I intended. The gate was still latched onto the Humvee but it was quickly shredded by the shots that were being deflected or absorbed by the armor of the Humvee and it crashed into the dirt leaving a cloud of dust and grit in my wake. As The Camp finally started to fade into the distance the bullets lessened into nothing leaving only the shouting coming from The Camp, but then I heard a noise something I didn't expect the sound of a cars, or a trunks engine. Then I finally came to the gaping hole in my plan, they had other cars and it seemed they were chasing me with them. I can't say I wasn't tempted to use my turret but I knew I wouldn't want to kill anyone from camp no matter what person. Shots pinged against the metal doors of the Humvee and I pressed on the gas harder but I was already pushing the Humvee to the limit, it wasn't meant for speed. Keeping one hand on the wheel I opened the drivers door and pulled out my side arm, I kept a constant stream of shots directed at the lead chase cars tires and I was rewarded with a loud pop and the site of a car careening out of control. I felt a shot whiz past my ear and I quickly shut the Humvees door throwing my side arm back in the holster. I saw in my review mirror that the lead car was only one out of 3, 2 more I thought grimly. I continued to speed across the road dodging the occasional wrecked car that was dotted along the road our Camp was built on but then I saw something I knew was nearly impassable. A truck was blocking the road, but the most shocking thing I noticed was Ark soldiers, they set up a road block of some sort. You see the Ark was a large group of survivalists that were created when the war started, and were relatively unopposed by the government as they stock piled weapons, ammo, food water. anything really fearing a nuclear apocalypse. When the toxic bombs hit they were the main contender in the control of the former America, they have been trying to seize power in many areas and they have largely been successful. They claim to want to return America to its former glory but all there rule would bring is death and slavery. Why they set up a road block in here of all places I didn't know at the time, but I suspected they heard of our camp and wanted to either gain us as allies or capture it by force, Most likley the latter. I knew I was stuck in a sandwich between Ark soldiers and Camp forces. I would have to make a stand here, I swung the wheel of the Humvee to the right making a barrier between the two groups. I switched on the screen to the Automatic turret and let loose a hail of bullets on the blockade created by The Ark. The wall of lead smashed into the obviously newly created defenses making several soldiers crumple to there knees as the blood of there fellow soldiers pooled around them. I tore my eyes from the screen for a minute to check to my right were the Camp cars would be coming but instead I saw a bumper and a trail of dust. I couldn't say I didn't blame them, besides it would have bettered the group for them to have a warning of the Imminent Ark attack. Knowing that there would be more Ark forces behind the I set my turret to shoot any human shape as I backed up my humvee preparing to go around the semi at high speed. I gunned the engine for the second time that day and rushed past the small gap between the semi truck and the forest surrounding the road. As the white shape of the truck whipped past me I finally got a look at the forces the Ark had amassed and with that glance I knew that the camp was doomed. There was 3 tanks presumably taken from army bases, were the hell they found out how to drive one I wouldn't know, along with the tanks were at least 6 Humvees each armed with a turret manned by a gunner, much more primitive then my automatic version. There were other various vehicles that were filled with Ark troops at least 100 were in this battle group. I heard the familiar sound as my turret let loose but I kept moving not slowing for anything, I smashed into Ark troops that tried to dive out of the way but there attempts were inevitable as they crashed into the windshield which soon became awash with blood. Several bullets impacted the frame of my Humvee but I continued on driving in a zigzag and random pattern to avoid the tank shells and bullets that were heading my way. At that time I finally realized how stupid it was to put all my gas into the trunk, the Humvees armor isn't impervious and it would usually be the most targeted area, but luckily no bullets passed through the trunk that day. The bullets eventually became few and far between and there was no sign of any pursuers. With my nerves still wrecked I turned on the radio, as I finally realized my stupidity I heard something. Voices, and I can't say I wasn't surprised my mouth was literally open. There were fucking voices! We've tinkered with radios before back at camp but we never tried any military channels that were bound to be linked to the Humvees we captured. Pushing those thoughts out of my head I focused on the voices over the radio.

10-23 india november sierra echo tango oscar romeo charlie3 Alpha sierra sierra india sierra tango alpha november echo november echo echo delta echo delta."
    "Disturbance in sector C3, assistance needed"

"10-40, Alpha romeo kilo?
    "Acknowledged, Ark?"

"uniform- november - kilo - november - oscar - whiskey - november"
    " Unknown."

I then decided to jump it, it was obviously something other then Ark troops.

" Assistance needed, contact with Ark soldiers. In a captured United States military auto-turret Humvee. Troop strength estimated at 3 Tanks, 10 Humvees Non-Auto, 100 Troops."

"Who is this?"

" Solider ID 13407, Squad: Aries, United States Military."

" A milly 'eh? 10-14?"

" Montauge Rd, Illinois"

" Your in luck, your going to hit a line of our troops then."

"May I ask what group you represent?"

"NUS, New United States. No use throwing away a perfectly good name 'eh? Were a group of surviving millys from various states. I can't say more over the radio we could have Arks listening."

That was good enough for me. "A relief to know there another group out there."

"I here you."

I heard a rustling then he came back on the radio.

"Troops say you've been spotted, we'll tell you more when you get to the line."

"Understood."

With that the radio conversation ended and I finally noticed the approaching line of vehicles that seemed to be slowing down. As I brought my Humvee to a stop and I slowly stepped out of the Humvee shot gun slung on my back along with my sniper rifle and M16 I looked around noticing people in my same armor and similar weapons, it seems like I found a group a second time. And lets hope this time my staying with this group doesn't end with me smashing down a gate.

I had my doubts, worries, fears, regrets as the sound of the Humvees engine rang throughout the camp. But at that point there was no going back, no turning around and with that thought in my mind I gunned the engine and stepped on the gas pedal. I shot through the gap between the Armory and the Storage and the various pieces of rubble scattered across the land in between them. The little things in that alleyway reminded by off a lot of memories, past battles fought along side my squad in the war, my first horrifying encounter with The Hoard, the construction of this camp, everything really. It was like strands of memories in a torrent of colors and sounds that were whizzing past my Humvee's windows. As I finally burst out of that gap I finally came to the acceptance of my leaving of this Camp, everything, all my regrets, mistakes all accepted in that moment. Shouts rang out as I sharply turned the Humvee to the right kicking up rocks and dirt sending it spiraling over the pit and into the gathering area were a group of people were amassing. They were all panicking, running around trying to find some form of cover or protection, only a few had the guts to fire of a couple shots at me but I was moving to fast to recognize any faces. I was coming up the gate fast, the person in the Guard Tower tried to open up the gate knowing it was better for it to come out intact them smashed but it was slow moving and I crashed into it bring a few concrete barriers with me. I finally pulled the string that was linked to the fire works and they launched into the air, shooting off sparks as they reached there maximum altitude creating the shape I intended. The gate was still latched onto the Humvee but it was quickly shredded by the shots that were being deflected or absorbed by the armor of the Humvee and it crashed into the dirt leaving a cloud of dust and grit in my wake. As The Camp finally started to fade into the distance the bullets lessened into nothing leaving only the shouting coming from The Camp, but then I heard a noise something I didn't expect the sound of a cars, or a trunks engine. Then I finally came to the gaping hole in my plan, they had other cars and it seemed they were chasing me with them. I can't say I wasn't tempted to use my turret but I knew I wouldn't want to kill anyone from camp no matter what person. Shots pinged against the metal doors of the Humvee and I pressed on the gas harder but I was already pushing the Humvee to the limit, it wasn't meant for speed. Keeping one hand on the wheel I opened the drivers door and pulled out my side arm, I kept a constant stream of shots directed at the lead chase cars tires and I was rewarded with a loud pop and the site of a car careening out of control. I felt a shot whiz past my ear and I quickly shut the Humvees door throwing my side arm back in the holster. I saw in my review mirror that the lead car was only one out of 3, 2 more I thought grimly. I continued to speed across the road dodging the occasional wrecked car that was dotted along the road our Camp was built on but then I saw something I knew was nearly impassable.

A truck was blocking the road, but the most shocking thing I noticed was Ark soldiers, they set up a road block of some sort. You see the Ark was a large group of survivalists that were created when the war started, and were relatively unopposed by the government as they stock piled weapons, ammo, food water. anything really fearing a nuclear apocalypse. When the toxic bombs hit they were the main contender in the control of the former America, they have been trying to seize power in many areas and they have largely been successful. They claim to want to return America to its former glory but all there rule would bring is death and slavery. Why they set up a road block in here of all places I didn't know at the time, but I suspected they heard of our camp and wanted to either gain us as allies or capture it by force, Most likley the latter. I knew I was stuck in a sandwich between Ark soldiers and Camp forces. I would have to make a stand here, I swung the wheel of the Humvee to the right making a barrier between the two groups. I switched on the screen to the Automatic turret and let loose a hail of bullets on the blockade created by The Ark. The wall of lead smashed into the obviously newly created defenses making several soldiers crumple to there knees as the blood of there fellow soldiers pooled around them. I tore my eyes from the screen for a minute to check to my right were the Camp cars would be coming but instead I saw a bumper and a trail of dust. I couldn't say I didn't blame them, besides it would have bettered the group for them to have a warning of the Imminent Ark attack. Knowing that there would be more Ark forces behind the I set my turret to shoot any human shape as I backed up my humvee preparing to go around the semi at high speed. I gunned the engine for the second time that day and rushed past the small gap between the semi truck and the forest surrounding the road. As the white shape of the truck whipped past me I finally got a look at the forces the Ark had amassed and with that glance I knew that the camp was doomed. There was 3 tanks presumably taken from army bases, were the hell they found out how to drive one I wouldn't know, along with the tanks were at least 6 Humvees each armed with a turret manned by a gunner, much more primitive then my automatic version. There were other various vehicles that were filled with Ark troops at least 100 were in this battle group. I heard the familiar sound as my turret let loose but I kept moving not slowing for anything, I smashed into Ark troops that tried to dive out of the way but there attempts were inevitable as they crashed into the windshield which soon became awash with blood. Several bullets impacted the frame of my Humvee but I continued on driving in a zigzag and random pattern to avoid the tank shells and bullets that were heading my way. At that time I finally realized how stupid it was to put all my gas into the trunk, the Humvees armor isn't impervious and it would usually be the most targeted area, but luckily no bullets passed through the trunk that day. The bullets eventually became few and far between and there was no sign of any pursuers. With my nerves still wrecked I turned on the radio, as I finally realized my stupidity I heard something. Voices, and I can't say I wasn't surprised my mouth was literally open. There were fucking voices! We've tinkered with radios before back at camp but we never tried any military channels that were bound to be linked to the Humvees we captured. Pushing those thoughts out of my head I focused on the voices over the radio.

10-23 india november sierra echo tango oscar romeo charlie3 Alpha sierra sierra india sierra tango alpha november echo november echo echo delta echo delta."
    "Disturbance in sector C3, assistance needed"

"10-40, Alpha romeo kilo?
    "Acknowledged, Ark?"

"uniform- november - kilo - november - oscar - whiskey - november"
    " Unknown."

I then decided to jump it, it was obviously something other then Ark troops.

" Assistance needed, contact with Ark soldiers. In a captured United States military auto-turret Humvee. Troop strength estimated at 3 Tanks, 10 Humvees Non-Auto, 100 Troops."

"Who is this?"

" Solider ID 13407, Squad: Aries, United States Military."

" A milly 'eh? 10-14?"

" Montauge Rd, Illinois"

" Your in luck, your going to hit a line of our troops then."

"May I ask what group you represent?"

"NUS, New United States. No use throwing away a perfectly good name 'eh? Were a group of surviving millys from various states. I can't say more over the radio we could have Arks listening."

That was good enough for me. "A relief to know there another group out there."

"I here you."

I heard a rustling then he came back on the radio.

"Troops say you've been spotted, we'll tell you more when you get to the line."

"Understood."

With that the radio conversation ended and I finally noticed the approaching line of vehicles that seemed to be slowing down. As I brought my Humvee to a stop and I slowly stepped out of the Humvee shot gun slung on my back along with my sniper rifle and M16 I looked around noticing people in my same armor and similar weapons, it seems like I found a group a second time. And lets hope this time my staying with this group doesn't end with me smashing down a gate.

*Back At Camp*

"God Dammit!" Hazard slammed his fist into the hard wood of the desk up on the Gathering Stage. A couple people flinched at his rage. "Darman was right you fucking idiots, look at what happening to us now." A couple people started to back up but Hazard gave them a glare and they stopped moving. "Were all at fault here, but now were fucking surrounded by god damn Ark soliders and one of are only Humvees are gone." A voice spoke up in the crowd sounding hopeful.
    "Well we don't know there troop numbers, for all we know its just a small scouting part-." Hazard gave him another one of his glares and he. "We aren't going to take a foolhardy risk assuming it is a small force, in fact were screwed if its anything more then 2 humvees and roughly 50 soldiers. These aren't raiders people, there trained killers. Even that small scouting party could take out a good number of us." Some people didn't look surprised, a couple looked almost snotty probably thinking we could easily have held them off."We've held off a shit ton of things before Hazard I'm s-" The voice stopped abruptly as Hazard slammed his fist into the desk a second time leaving a slight indentation in the wood. "You fucking idiot, these people have killed much more dangerous ANIMALS then us before. From what we've heard they have control of all of fucking Wisconsin for christs sake, thats no easy task." That sobered a couple people up but there was still a handful of idiots, none of them spoke up though. "Now then, before we waste the precious time we have left lets discuss what we are going to do, fight or flee?" Some mutterings emerged from the crowd, a mish mash of fight, flee, yes, no were fucked pretty much everything. "Shut Up!" Hazard gave the crowd another one of his mighty glares and his gaze swept across it making everyone feel like they were directly being spoken to. Everyone became quiet. "Now...if we stay we are taking a huge risk. If we can't hold them off we are doomed for sure there would be no way out since they would more then likley surround us. They also have superior tactics which puts us at a huge dis-advantage, in fact the only advantage we have is that there is a slightly steep grade up to our walls but that's not going to make a big difference were we are concerned." He gave everyone a look almost urging them not to take this option. "Now if we go you will keep a leader." A few people gasped and angerly mused to themselves at the fact Hazard would abandon then. "Now shut up, we all are allowed to make decisions. If we go we will be sure to survive the week, but beyond that I don't' know. Aside from the various scouting and hunting parties we've sent out we have no idea how much game is left roaming and were the location of the horde is. For all we know the second we step out of these walls we will be eaten alive. I suggest doing this, it is less of a risk. We would pack all our supplies in the vehicles and hope to hell we can fit it all. Remember, there is water and food out there we only need enough so we can establish another camp." A person shout out "What so we can get attacked by Ark members again and have to leave!" Hazard gave him this look, there was obviously some truth in his words. "We would amass are forces, dig trenches, make better defenses then the ones we have here we might even hole up in a military base, something better then this." A few people obviously agreed with Hazard but many were still doubtful. "We need to take the fight to the enemy! We can't keep living under the shadow of these thugs! While we wait they gain power!" Many people agreed and started to chant "Fight To Enemy, Fight To Enemy." Hazard made a disgusted noise at the back of his throat. Then someone rose there gun, "We fucking leave or we all fucking die." Others displayed shock but quickly rose there weapons in response. Hazard was shell shocked for the moment but quickly said "We can't fight amongst ourselves! It will only wea-" But words couldn't stop the pull of the trigger and the burst of light from the muzzle. And with that there would be blood shed, but all Hazard could think of was a famous quote by Abraham Lincoln.

I failed, I failed, and that is about all that can be said about it

Alpha Beta-

My Journey Part 5:
    I walked through the forest aimlessly, I had no idea what i was going to do. I saw a a hill and decided to go to the top. After a good 30 min of hiking the hill completely made of unstable dirt, I looked out at the mountain near by. I saw a lone humvee shooting away, manuevering amazingly through tanks and other humvees, explosions where everywhere, I could hear the screams.
    "Must be Darman." I muttered to myself. I took out my
    M21, and looked down the scope. I had Darman in my sights. Funny thing, Darman taught me to use a sniper, now I was using one to end him. I had my finger on the trigger, ready to pull. I didn't. It was like someone told me not to, like it wasn't supposed to be like this.
    "What the hell is wrong with me?" I asked myself. "Am I going soft." The image of the town went back into me head, my dead friends, the townspeople, all the people I had seen die in my life.. It was awful. I knew one thing for sure though. I needed to find Mil. I had convinced myself he had the answers. I started running. I ran for what seemed like days, I knew though that is was only hours. I had now clue where I was going, I just ran, like a child running away from their problems. Suddenly, I was shot in my arm. The bullet went all the way through. I drew my BR.
    "Who are you?" I called out, looking around for a target. No answer. I was in no mood to fight.
    "What do you want." I called out again.
    "Die raider." A feminine voice called out. I quickly ran behind a tree, a bullet kicked up dirt right where I just was.. My wound was bleeding, I could see through my arm though, I almost vomitted.
    "I'm part of a small camp, I'm not a raider. They travel in packs." I yelled, I didn't want to die. A silence.
    "Prove it." The voice called out. I started thinking. How could I prove it?
    "What am I supposed to do?" I walked out, a grim expression on my face. I threw my BR and M21 on the ground. I put my hands on my head, letting my blood drip.
    "That enough proof for you?" I said. A woman looking to be around the same age as me walked out of some bushes. She had blonde hair and wore tattered jeans that contrasted her almost new looking camo jacket. I had to admit that she was beautiful. I quickly disbanded the thought of a relationship. She also carried an M16, and a combat knife strapped to her left leg. She never let go of it.
    "Why are you in these woods?" She asked, an aggitated look on her face.
    "I'm finding a friend. How about you?" I responded lowering my hands.
    "Surviving. Sorry about that wound, I'm quick to fire on strangers. Come over here, I have medical supplies." She quickly said, completely changing personalities from mean to a caring person. I walked towards her, I sat down. She bent down and injected me with some sort of solution.
    "What is that?" I asked puzzled.
    "Painkiller." She said. Sure enough, my pain went away.
    "So," she went on, "ever had to deal with zombies?"
    "Too much." I said, she was bandaging my wound when she suddenly stopped.
    "What are you?" She asked.
    I was puzzled at her question. "A human. Why do you ask?" I said, almost laughing.
    "Your arm." I looked at it, it was a sickly pale, almost as white as snow.
    "What the hell?"

My Journey Part 6

I sat there, mouth wide opened stunned. The woman too seemed fairly surpised and a bit angry. I fealt a dark presense inside of me.
    "I...I....uhh...." I tried to explain to the her that I had no idea. I couldn't gather the words though. I was almost like a child coming up with a quick alibi. Then, I realized something, it wasn't my fault, whoever made the bombs, it was their fault. I was worried, embarassed, lonesome, and on top of it all angry. Who made the bombs? Why me? Where did I go wrong? I just stared at the woman, trying to make it so she would understand. She nodded.
    "You had no idea, did you?" She asked, an sympathetic look on her face.
    "No," I said, staring at my arm's pale color seemed to spread. "I want to find out."
    "Find out what?" She asked, obviously confused.
    "Do you have any idea who made the toxic bombs?" I asked sternly. A look of determination consumed my face.
    "I actually do. I lived in the city that they where developed." She took out a map and pointed to a spot next to a hill. "We are here." She then pointed to a large city. "That is Sepecoa, my home town and birth place of the toxic bomb, the name of the manufacturer is SOUL."
    "So how do I get there?"
    "Honestly you don't want to. The city is a total warzone to see if. SOUL has a cure. New USA, The Ark, The Horde, Raiders, and some sort of newcomers from a small camp. Anywhere you go, they will kill you."
    "I need to." I said confidently.
    "I'll lead you there, I know the city very well."
    "Thank you, by the way, what is your name." I asked.
    "Claire, you?"
    "I'm called Alpha." She giggled.
    "Alpha, more like a nick-name isn't it?"
    "Ya, but it works." I got up, and grabbed my guns, Claire followed. Off to Sepecoa.

Darman-

tensed as the low bird call resonating across the hill side I had set myself up on. Below my 3 Ark Soldiers stood around, smoking, were they got the cigarettes hell if I knew. The soldiers were on a interception pass with a forward scouting party, and since we can't risk discovery to Ark forces we
    were tasked with disabling them. The problem was that we couldn't kill them, if we did the Ark forces would then know there was NUS in the area or at the very least a group of raiders, either way they would want to find them. So I pitched a idea to command to get rid of them, knock the soldiers out slosh some whiskey in there mouths and toss some on there bodies and even if they were found and told the Ark Commander they were knocked out no amount of pleading would get them to believe them. At first they were hesitant with the idea, saying it was to risky and denied the idea until I pointed out we had no other options. If we were found we would be stuck in a siege operation of a sort, and since we don't have the 1 to 4 ration recommended for such a operation we were stuck with my idea. Now you may be confused about the siege deal, well the Ark Forces seized The Camp, if anyone got out hell if I knew and hell if I cared but we couldn't leave such a fortified position to Ark in the Eastern United States. If we did it would give them the perfect foothold for a long term assault on NUS forces in the east. Its rather ironic, our world was destroyed by war and the first chance we got we started another, and I'll be dammed if I let the Ark win it. I shook the thoughts out of my head and prepared to
    Dutch
    Dutch

Post  Dutch Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm

move, all I needed was a second bird call to pierce through the trees, but it never came. I carefully brought out my radio keeping the sound to a minimum. I tapped the radio a couple times in a code based of the one used by Russia in the War. I got no response. Dammit I thought If he fucking got lost again I swe- when I heard the shouts then I knew something was drastically wrong. I then saw the shadows, climbing over the undergrowth and shoving past tree trunks indicating a approaching enemy. Then came the gun shots, and I heard the familiar whizzing sound of bullets passing around me. Hard contact.

I threw myself to the ground and tossed my sniper rifle into a bush so I could have easier access my side arm, of course that being my shotgun. I heard another gunshot and a strangled cry from behind me and I quickly turned around and in the same action putting my back to a tree. I quickly got a glance at a figure but it was only Quinn, one of my squad mates from back in the war. I then noticed that there was a figure just behind me with a knife just of out there grasp. "Thanks Quinn." I called. "You really saved me there." Of course he didn't respond. Quinn was different, he was Black Op's back during the war and he rarely spoke. No one knows why. Quinn was not only different in mental state but in appearance as well, he doesn't seem to be that muscular but he sure as hell could kick anyone's ass in hand to hand. He also has violet eyes, no one really knows why though I've always figured it was genetic. The one time someone mentioned it to him, well lets just say that was the last time anyone has ever even considered asking him about it. He's odd but still if I could have any solider at my back it'd be him. He nodded and turned around seeming to melt back into the forest, a regular damn ghost. I turned back popping my head out of the cover of my tree trunk to take stock of the situation. Since no one else made a report over the radio to my knowledge I took the honors and changed my channel to that of Commands. "Command, Hard Contact. I Repeat, Hard Contact." There was no answer, just static. I waited for ten seconds then just before I gave up there was a response. "Acknowledged, how many?" I took another chance and looked out of my cover, 10 infantry, and I ducked back in as shots came my way. "10 Infantry Sir, we have radio jammers place so it is unlikely they have contacted there forces." I waited a bit more for my response but none came. "Command?" There was only static, dammit the hell is going on.
    I tried contact one more time and gave up as I went to go and assist the rest of my team.

The Ark Regional commander was sitting down on a velvet chair that Denal used before The Camp was captured when the solider came in. "What is it?" He said when he noticed the presence of the solider. The solider shifted around a bit clearly uncomfortable and was clearly gathering his words. "Well what the hell is it!" The commander shouted, knowing it was bad news.
    "Well Sir" The Solider responded "Scouting parties 6 and 7 have not reported to us in over two hours, there may just be a NUS force in the area." The commander glared at the solider enjoying how he cowered beneath his gaze. "Is this confirmed? Is there any proof, for all we know this is just a damned radio malfunction and I don't need unrest spreading through the troops." The solider gulped looking ready to bolt at a moments notice "Not really sir."
    "Well then." The commander said icily. "Why don't you go check there scouting paths out before you start spreading a fucking false alarm." The solider already quickly backpedaling out of the room said. "Of course sir, it'll be done!" After the solider left the Regional Commander rubbed his temples clearly worried about there being a NUS force they would have to contend with. "If there any damn NUS I'll drive those bastards out of myself." He said to himself confidently but anyone would notice the underlying panic in those words.

Denal-

3 years earlier...
    "Lance Corporal Mines please stand," the judge said in her very stern voice. "You are entitled to 5 years in federal prison for deserting your post while overseas. How do you plead?"
    Denal wasn't a liar. He knew how to reply,"Guilty your honor,"
    "Very well then," With a nod, two security officers took Denal away.

Present day
    I ran. I was low on ammo and I knew it. I quickly felt the shells strapped onto my belt. Six rounds. I spotted a tree and dove behind it avoiding the incoming bullets.
    Sitting there, I though about the Ark. They came without warning. That's not all though, they had no mercy. They shot who ever they captured. Execution. they were criminals... All I can wish for was that my friends made it out ok. I was seperated from my dear wife. I last saw her with Hazard. Who knows where they can be now.
    My weapon was virtually useless for combat situations like this. It wasn't even automatic. It was a single-shot sawn off shotgun. I grabbed 4 shells, inserting two of them into the weapon and keeping the other two on stand-by for a shorter reload. I said good luck to myself. I was going to need it.
    I heard footsteps approaching the tree. I turned to the left and shot at one of the Ark soldiers coming at me from that direction. I quickly grabbed his sidearm, which was closest and shot the other one coming from the right. I could hear voices in the distance. I knealt over the dead Ark soldier from whom I took what looked like a prototype magnum from and grabbed his ammo pouch which was filled with 5 maganizes. I quickly grabbed it and continued running. Once I hit a stream I stopped. I could hear leafs crunching from a distance. I took cover behind a pretty thick tree. I scanned the area and noticed that the sounds were coming from a higher area. They had the advantage, but I have the skills to get out...

Darman-

Years Earlier

"Go! Go!" My orders rang out across the roadway to Denal, who was crouched behind a piece of concrete which which looked suspiciously like the remains of a gargoyle. He swung up over his cover firing shots as he went and I followed suit. My bullets found there intended mark and two raiders cried out and slouched to the ground, dead or dying. I dove to the ground slamming against the side of a car door, as bullets pinged against the metal. I glanced to my right at Denal, who was as well behind the remains of a car with 3 dead bodies in his wake. He looked at me, his eyes wide with terror. I couldn't blame him this being his first fire fight and all, but my thoughts were cut short as I heard a high pitched shriek fill the air around me. I immediately stiffened and instinctively brought my gun closer to my chest, I wildly looked around desperately trying to find the source of that horrible all to familiar sound. The sound of zombies on the hunt.

Three zombies burst out of a sky scraper directly behind the raiders, fresh blood was on there faces and they had that crazed look in there eyes. The Raiders turned around in terror firing off shots completely forgetting our presence, I threw a look a Denal and he nodded indicating he understood. We both burst out of our cover not wanting to ignore this opportunity this situation provided, with both raiders backs turned they had no idea that death was only seconds away for them. Our shots pierced through there unprotected side and they all fell over clutching there wounds. The zombies completely oblivious to our presence jumped onto the raiders feasting on there remains as they screamed. Disgusted and horrified I shot off another couple shots killing the zombies and raiders. "Denal, you fine with collecting there weapons and ammo?" I called out. He hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "I'm fine, but you should of left these damn low life's to be eaten alive." I glanced at him surprised, but I decided to ignore the comment. I'll talk to him about it later. We both started to walk towards the bodies but then Denal froze, I stopped about to call out to him when he bolted towards the bodies. I was confused, what the hell was he doing? I ran after him, keeping with his pace. When he reached the bodies he stopped and just collapsed on the ground sobbing. I didn't know what to do, I uncomfortably shifted around thinking of what to say when he stopped crying and spoke. "I was going to propose to her, but I was never given the chance." He quietly said. Then it suddenly dawned on me, I took a second look at the zombies and I noticed that one was a women, a women with similarities to who was in the picture Denal always carried around. I didn't know what to say, "Denal" I started but he cut me off.
    "I've always carried around the ring, just hoping she wasn't dead." he said. "I never thought, considered.." He stopped, and pulling out the ring just staring at it. He got up from his position on the floor and rose to one knee. I ran my hand threw my hair which I commonly do when I don't know how to react to a situation. "Better late then never." I heard him say. I then realized what he was going to do, I nearly spoke but thought better of it. "Anne" He choked through his sobs. "Will you marry me?" Obviously there was no response, Denal then just slipped the ring on the remains of his wife Anne and just stood up. Walking away back in the direction of the Camp. I just stayed there watching his figure move across the road as the sun slowly sunk in the sky. I looked at the body of his wife anne, and then looked at the ring box he left lying on the street. I picked it up, he'll want it, and ran off in his direction, into the sunset, as salty tears streamed down my own face.

Denal-

I was alone starring into a dark forest. Nothing was in sight. Thoughts poured into my mind and started filling the dark places with images. Then the ground began to shake. I woke.
    My eyes were still brimmed with tears of pain when light finally flooded back into me. I tried to get up, but then a hand, a soft gentle hand, like one of a caring father or mother settled myself back down.
    “Nice of you to finally wake up!” a man with a bushy moustache yelled. I wondered why he was yelling. I looked around and realized I was in a vehicle. A Humvee to be exact. It sure wasn’t a comfortable ride. Every fucking rock the vehicle hit it bounced up and down so violently that it felt like we were all going to fly out of the fucking vehicle. I then noticed the pain in my back was depleting. I reached back and felt a warm, gel-like substance on my back. I slid my finger across it and sniffed it. It smelled fucking bad. By bad I mean bad. It was so bad that I puked out of the window. I wiped the so-called shit smelling healing aid on the door and looked towards the front of the vehicle. My eyes met the humorous eyes of the veteran man.
    “It’s supposed to help heal your back. It’s not febreeze,” he said laughing.
    My mouth turned into a big smile, “What is this stuff?” I asked with out giving shit to the shit-smelling stuff.
    “It’s some type of healing herb. I don’t know. You should really ask Jerome here,” he said acknowledging the driver of the vehicle. One thing I noticed about Jerome… Was that he was black. Not being racist or anything. Another thing I guessed right away when he first began to talk. He was from the ghetto. So a ghetto man put herbs on my back… Crazy day.
    “’n the ghetto, ‘m mama came up with ‘n ‘erb,” he said in his silly ghetto accent. You know what, forget this shit. I’m just going to write this down in regular English form.
    “You rub it on their backs and it heals the pain,” he paused for quite a while.
    “Is that it?” I asked surprised that that was all he had to say.
    “Yes, my boy. That’s it,” when he finished his ghetto shit sentence, a voice came from the, by the looks of it, ghetto-shit radio.
    -Panther 10? Reading?
    Ghetto man Jerome replies in his ghetto voice…
    -Reading
    -What the fuck? You’re reading while you’re driving?
    -No… You said…
    -I don’t care what you say nigger, I said no reading ghetto stuff while driving!
    -Racist Bitch!
    -Ghetto jizz in the pants
    The bushy moustache veteran would break up the weird argument a few minutes later after getting his daily dose of racist medicine.
    -Enough of this shit already. Commander, what’s the status of the area?
    -Clear for now, we have a convoy of vehicles bring in supplies enroute to camp. I want you to join them. Once you reach the intersection heading down Montauge Rd. Oh, and I hear you have a new man aboard your humvee. Tell him we found some of his friends. Some are in that convoy that you are about to join and I already have one here at camp.
    -Yes sir. I’m sure he would be happy.
    - Shit! Be advised, hostiles were spotted on Montauge. Be advised.
    I didn’t listen to anymore of their conversation. My world just turned upside up. I’ll be able to meet my friends again. And most of all. I’ll get to see Anne. My dearest wife. I remem… My very nice thought would be interrupted once Mr. Ghetto Jerome would begin speaking again.
    “Convoy spotted! Joining them now,” I peeked out of the open window and starred at the convoy. My eyes were searching the group of 3 vehicles for my friends. I soon spotted Hazard and C3. My eyes were soon brimming with tears of joy. They started to role down my cheeks when I spotted my dearest Anne looking out the biggest vehicle. She waved to me. I waved back. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing could’ve stopped the road mine, the RPG round, and the Ark.
    Did I ever tell you about the time I first went fishing? Yes, it was during the Brick Apocalypse. What a splendid time! So I was just standing by that filthy lake you see. All of a sudden Anne comes and gives me a make-shift fishing pole. I cast it into the lake, and as soon as I cast it something immediately grabbed it. I was so fucking scared I grabbed my shotgun and shot the spot where the hook went in. I dead zombie floated up and I just stared at it. Just like the time I stared at Jerome…
    My eyes drifted from my end of the humvee. I groaned in pain flipped onto my back. The pain was of great scale I couldn’t even hold in my scream. I felt the same fatherly hand touch my head. I looked in the direction from where it came from. It was the old veteran. I cried when I looked at him. He had glass in his side and he was bleeding pretty bad from a wound in his head.
    “Go,” he said.
    “No, I’m not leaving you,” tears were beginning to increase in number. The smell of gas would soon fill the small space.
    “Go boy!” the man yelled. With a last ounce of strength he pulled his dog tags from his neck and shoved them into my chest.
    “Go!”
    “I’ll always remember you,” I said choking in grief. He smiled and passed. I grabbed his SCAR and kicked open the fucking door. I took one last look at the old veteran and closed his eyes for him. I said my last words to him.
    “I only knew you for an hour, and you meant more to me than a few people that I’ve known for a lifetime,”
    I would crawl out of the Humvee and pushed the sad thought aside. My goal was to find my friends now. I would spot TJ’s squeals as he was getting eaten alive by a few stray zombies. I didn’t give a shit about him or the zombies and shot all of them. I ran around the humvee and saw the massive scale of the battle. The NUS was outnumbered 3-1. All of their vehicles were destroyed. I saw Hazard, C3, TMP, and I even saw 1 Mil grouped together taking cover and firing at the advancing Ark troops, but no Anne. I then heard a scream.
    “Denal!” I looked around. “Denal!” It was Anne. I looked down the road and saw her. She was being taken away by a few Ark soldiers. I didn’t care about anyone else. I aimed down the SCAR’s red dot scope and began to shoot down the Ark troopers surrounding her. I continued firing, but then more Ark soldiers would fire at me. I had just enough time to tell to Anne.
    “Anne! Stay alive! Don’t give up! I’ll find you wherever they take you,” Grief choked me,” I will find you,”
    I stood there and watched her get taken away. I broke down crying.
    “I will find you.”

TMP-

I caught up to Denal.
    "Wait. You can't go like this."

"Why shouldn't I? If she dies, nothing matters to me anymore. If she dies, I might as well die myself. If she dies....."

"You need backup."

Average Company emerged behind me. Denal smiled for the first time in what seemed like ages.

"I also need to teach you some Tier 1 maneuvers."

Later, Darman came back with intel.

"Those guys are heading north, toward Paris."

"Of course they are," I said. "When they left, I heard them say 'Au Revoir, Monsieur.'"

"West it is," Dutch said. Almost all hands were on deck, albeit without Alpha Beta and Beartaur.

"Frechies, eh?" said Hazard. "Ah well, never liked escargots anyways."

"Look on the bright side," said C3. "At least they ain't Russian. Some of those Mafia guys are prettty touchy."

"I wonder why those guys took her," wondered Seven, half aloud, half to himself. "Maybe it has to do with her resurrection."

"It doesn't matter," said Denal, with a bit of anger. "We just need to kill those bastards."

"Fine," Dutch shrugged. "Be that way."

Rabid-

The dust was clearing, my whole body was aching, but I could at least open my eyes and see the dust settling back don to the heated sands of what were once the streets of Chicago. For months I have been out here--stranded. In a 'city' filled with nothing but horror. I don't know why I fight, I just do. Giving in seems so much easier--just let it go, there's nothing to live for. Whatever allies I had at sometime are gone. They escaped. I've been out here for months, waiting for a sign. I found this journal torn, but still usable, so, if anyone finds me, they'll know what happened.
    It seemed as though the day would never end. First thing this morning that happened, was the raiding of my 'home'. I left for a few moments to get something, and when I returned, there was nothing, my one area of somewhat sanctuary was gone. I wandered around for endless hours. With little hope, I stepped down the continuous streets in the shadow of the skyscrapers long since abandoned and pillaged. Then, I saw something. By chance there was some sort of shiny object at the end of the road. I walked up to it and picked it up. I could here a faint beeping noise, and I realized it wasn't what I thought it was. I threw it across the street, but not in time. It blew up in mid-flight, and I was launched into one of the windows of a nearby building. I felt the collision with some sort of concrete support beam, and then my sight went black.

Sergeant B-

The days have been flying by, it's all the same. Morning. Raid. Noon. Raid. Afternoon. Raid. Night. Zombie attack. I hate it! Things are just too hectic. I haven't been able to get enough sleep since my best friend; Kevin died. He lived a brave life and fought with a determination that I could not have imagined.. It was during an attack at night. It was midnight and we were (as usual) wandering the rundown streets in Docklands when we saw something big and move across the water. I got out my night-vision goggles and zoomed in to see what it was. I dropped them. All along the boat were people. Living humans. At first I was relived when I saw their U.S marines symbol but when they pulled into the port I was proved wrong. A group of survivors ran up to the ship but as soon as the got on, the crew had a little surprise for them. The soldiers crumpled to the ground and standing behind them were zombies. The survivors were torn to shreds by the time me and Kevin got our guns out. We shot anyway, just to show those bastards that we humans are not all easy prey. Kevin was a sniper and i was heavy weapons expert so we made quite a team. Me pulling out my shotgun and Kevin; his sniper. I ran straight at the zombies, ploughing through them while kevin got to the roof of a building and took out any potential dangers from behind me. That was were it all went wrong. Two zombies followed Kevin onto the roof and were slowly but silently approaching him. He was too busy watching over me to notice danger behind himself. I heard his shouts and turned around to see him take out one of the zombies with his pistol. The other was too close. I watched as it shoved it's hands through his chest and began to eat. A red mist surrounded my eyes and I cracked. I crushed every zombie in my path, I sprinted up the building just in time to see the zombie open it's mouth to eat out Kevin's heart. I dropped the shotgun and sprinted faster than ever before. Driven by the fact that this thing in front to me has killed my best friend. I speared it right off the roof. As we fell, I pulled out my knife and stabbed as ferociously as I could into every painful spot of the zombie that I know. We were nearing the end of our fall. I spun around just in time. The zombie hit the floor first and I rolled off it. My ankle hurt like hell but I stood up and shot the zombie in the face several times. I then ran back up the stairs, ignoring the pain, and came back down carrying my friends body and weapons. I decided, I'm not going to let his body get eaten by some mutated freak. I buried him in the closest park (or what remained of it). He had always loved nature. I then carved a tombstone and put it above his grave. I now keep his pistol as a memory that he will always be my best friend.I buried his sniper next to him in a separate grave. Later that day I found out that the boat was functional and I decided that the only place I could probably find a good group that would help me was America. I set out for San Francisco. I made it. I've been living here ever since and the only thing that has stopped me from ending myself is the thought that I will avenge Kevin, to show those zombies that I am not to be trifled with. Even if it means wiping every zombie off the face of the earth

Darman-

Then next few posts that are labeled by chapter take place years earlier:

Chapter 1- Trivial Zombies

I staggered silently along that god damn road for who knows how long. My squad was all dead, and all I had to accompany me on my journey was my Shot Gun and my standard issue M16 Rifle. I was starving, my hunger gnawing at me constantly only parallel to my undying thirst. I know I was in for it, there was no way I could survive this. Through all my hardships, through walls of lead and seas of blood I was killed by the lack of water. Darman the solider was killed walking along a Illinois road in the middle of no guaranteed safe water around me.

My feet started to get heavier and heavier with each step, until I spotted something in the distance. A car. A fucking car. I was saved, even if the engine was killed the radiator would have water in it. I urged myself to go faster then the slow trudge I had used all of these days. When I found the car I was relieved to find there was water left, I drank I sure as hell drank, but I didn’t notice the body in the car. The body that was moving. Moving. Moving. The only thing that saved me that day was the sound of rushing air, giving me enough time to dive out of the way. I turned around quickly shotgun up to bear to see my assailant and was shocked to see a person. Extremely pale skin, with crazed and bloodshot eyes with bloody running down his face.

That thing, rushed at me screaming and I fired off shot after shot, even when it was down I continued pounding it with shells until I had no more rounds left. I just stared there, gasping sweat pouring down my face as I looked down at my attacker. I trembled when I saw more details I had never noticed before, there were already gun rounds in the body and not shotgun rounds. 5 round bullet holes, to precise to be from my shot gun a sniper rifle perhaps. How the hell anything survived 5 shots from a sniper rifle I didn’t know, but what I did know that I was facing something from the horror movies. Pulled, no dragged right out of the deepest and darkest corners of humans nightmares. Zombie, I immediately thought it was a silly notion to call such terrors something as trivial as a Zombie. But it fit, and it stuck from there on end.

From that point onward I was on the lookout, while my hunger tore through my stomach in waves but none of that was important. All that was on my mind was that thing, was it the bombs that caused it? Am I infected with the same virus or did my gas mask save me when the shells started to pound into the ground? Questions were all I had, and not enough answers, but I had a feeling I wouldn’t be getting those answers in a long while perhaps never. Knowing I wouldn’t gain anything from thinking over and over what I didn’t know I thought of what I did know.

I had just come back from the front lines over in Russia, not only a week after I had gotten back did the bombs hit. No rest for the weary, I mused. When the bombs hit I was lucky enough to be at a base to get to Gas Masks. I can’t imagine many others survived, aside from the very few that managed to get Gas Masks when the government passed them. Perhaps a handful of survivalist groups made it through but that’s it. There’s not much beyond that, I was sent off base to see if there were any survivors but my squad was killed when a group of, I’m not sure what to call them. When they attacked they took the rest of my squads weapons, collectors perhaps? No. Raiders. Raiders. I said the word aloud a couple times and It sounded like it suited, so I kept the term. I tried to radio back to base but all I got was distant screams and gun fire, I knew I wouldn’t be able to get there in time to help so I went into the country side, my plan was to get to Scott Air Force Base. I knew that was my best bet to survive, and perhaps answer a few questions. So here I am, traveling across the country side trying to find some others who survived.

So far I have encountered no one, Zombies aside of course. My hopes our high though and that’s all I can do, hope, and pray I amended.

Chapter 2- The Human Condition

I was exhausted, worn out, felt like shit, however you want to put it. The bottom line was that I couldn‘t go on, not like this at least. I was stumbling at every step and my breathing was ragged and uneven, hunger was getting to me. Gnawing. Tearing. My morale was shattered along with everything else about me.

My brown hair was in tangles thrown haphazardly around my head ignoring any direction, not that it mattered anywhere. My armor had better days to, there were several bullets still lodged inside, and my shields were inoperable for reasons I couldn’t comprehend. What could I expect though, it was experimental technology, especially at such a small scale. My HUD was pretty much the only thing that was working, not that it was much help anyway. 2071, might as well have been the end of the world for all it did for me. I started silently hummed the song out loud just for the sake of keeping my mind distracted, and repeating the lyrics in my head. “It’s the end of the world as we know it, it’s the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine…”.

Then it struck me, what if this really was the end? How many people could we guarantee survived, what if this wasn’t just focused on Chicago, America. What if this was on a
    Dutch
    Dutch

Post  Dutch Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm

global scale. I shook the thought away, unprepared for such a line of thought. Its not like it mattered to me anyway, I was in for it and even if I would admit it out loud I knew deep down. Knowing. It’s a interesting concept. Do you ever truly “know”? You could be lied to, think you heard, be under the impression, all these variables affect the truth in your knowledge. I wouldn’t be surprised if half of our collective knowledge was false, lies. I sighed. Kicking a rock, just like the dozens I have passed before. I sat down, content just to wait my death away. Then I felt something, a deep rumbling. A earthquake, just what I needed.

I clenched my fists preparing for the worst until I heard something else, a engine, a car. I quickly shot up out of my sitting position and glanced around widely trying to locate which direction the sound was coming from. I never considered the car, or rather the people in the car were hostile. I should have. Definitely. When the car finally came into view, much to my relief it was a Humvee. It must be military I thought. I was jumping up and down, relieved at the rescue.

The turret turned, almost in slow motion. I saw the bullets fly out of the muzzle, exploding out of the barrel flashing of light in its wake. Out of instinct I dove to the ground reaching for the rifle on my back, I brought it up as I waited for the car to pass. I was shocked to meet air at my dive, below me was a muddy ditch. I hit the ground on the side of the road just as the bullets erupted over my head. A mere second late I would be a bloody mess. I thought.

I had no time to think, no time to consider my actions as the car got closer and closer. “Don’t waste the bullets” I heard a distinctively male voice cry out, “I think we can take him.” Suddenly I heard the squeal of car tires as the Humvee seemingly came to a stop. I risked a peak over to road level and was quickly met by a wall of lead, this time from what sounded like a Ak-47. 61 Years later and they still use those damned things. I quickly ducked back to my Ditch and I brought my M16 up to bear ready to pop back up and fire.

Knowing I didn’t have my shields to rely on this time I shifted over about a foot, keep them guessing. I popped back up just as they were looking at were I was before and fired off to short bursts. Both bursts meet there targets and a explosion of red blood erupted out of both people as they slumped to the ground. Clearly dead, or dying. I corrected.

The person manning to turret shocked at his comrades death pulled the trigger and bullets flew narrowly missing me. I dove back to my cover, content to wait for the right time. I crawled to a different position, almost 7 feet from were I originally was and dove out of my cover. I fired 6 bursts at the guy until my clip ran dry, and dove back behind cover in case they all missed. They didn’t. I heard a scream and I knew he was dead.

I carefully came out of cover making sure no one was left. I grunted when I saw the bodies, disgusted. They clearly wanted something or they would attack me, be it my weapons or armor. Leave it to humanity to show the worst of its qualities when the end came along. It was a condition, for us to only focus on ourselves when worst comes to worst. The Human Condition.

I am much more proud of this chapter then the previous one. The Chapter Name is kind of a inside joke for me, meaning I'm the only one in the world who would get the joke. I'll fill you in though. The Chapters name "The Human Condition" is also a title of one of my favorite Rene' Magritte paintings.

Chapter 3- Encounters of the Weary.

Journal Entry One-Day Unknown. I have finally decided a place to set up camp, its on what appears to be Montgue Road and near a forest preserve. I have decided to rest my sleeping cot high up in the branches for the night, I’m not sure what is to come bu-

The crunch of a boot against the leafy ground alerted me to someone elses presence. I immediately froze, my muscles tense anticipating a zombie. I was surprised to see below me a person, in what looked like standard United States Military combat armor. Wary of my last encounter with a the Military Humvee I decided I better be a bit more careful this time. Slowly moving as to not make any noise, I launched myself of the branch and slammed into the person under me. He was knocked clean off his feet and was slammed into the ground, grunting as the 210 pounds worth of armor and human smashed into him. Leafs and grass were kicked up around and he tried to reach for his knife at his boot. I grabbed his wrist and twisted him into a headlock. He struggled against me until I eventual let him go, right into a hard tree. In the same process I twisted around my foot slamming it into him knocking him out.

Moving quickly I grabbed some rope from a pocket in my armor, which I snatched along my trip. Just in case. I tied him up and checked the knots repeatedly, I couldn’t risk him getting out. Knowing I wasn’t going to get any more sleep and not trusting my new companion I instead decided to sit myself against a tree trunk,, waiting for him to wake up.

Having the chance to examine, for all that it mattered to me., the only other person left on the planet. Aside from me obviously. I noticed some odd things. First of all he had a long bloody scar seeping across his right arm, it seemed infected. He was wearing Standard Marine Armor that was in a surprisingly good condition, he had no helmet and his moppy brown hair spread across his scalp like a disease. He had a pale face, and peeling back the eyelids I checked, bright blue eyes. Other then that I couldn’t tell much, so I got in a more comfortable position and waited for him to wake up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The second he woke up he started to look around wildly, anticipating danger. He looked like a chicken with his head cut off, I observed. It took a while for him to notice me but when he did he looked me in the eye, and spat. “Disgusting just like the rest of them aren’t you?” He almost screamed. “What are you going to eat me up like the rest, I guess it doesn’t matter even for us Millys ‘eh?” I just stared at him, giving him a long hard look and said.
    “What could I have done?” He looked at me peculiarly after that, and stated simply.
    “How about not tie my up like a bloody fucking meal?” I wasn’t really surprised at his comment, its obvious he’d seen some cannibalism from were ever the hell he came from. It didn’t surprised me at all that people resorted to such things so quickly. “Well” I said. “Are you?”
    “Am I what?” He said, confusion laced in his eyes.
    “A meal.” I said.

“Well it doesn’t seem like its by decision is it?” He uttered, anger evident In his demeanor. It was very odd how he changed emotions so much I thought. And I didn’t realize I said it allowed, I guess days alone didn’t help that.
    “What?” He stated. “You insult me before you eat me, how great.” I rolled my eyes, grabbing his sawed off shot gun from my back and handing it to him. “You really think I’m going to eat you? Not a fellow milly.”I said, rolling the world between my tongue feeling its foreign qualities. “As you would put it.” I added, deciding the word just wasn’t for me. “I guess not” He took my shotgun and stood up, I followed in his suit and shook his outstretched hand. “So what regiment he asked?” Not intending to trigger my memories, of my escape from base. He looked at me oddly when I didn’t respond.

The sun was reflecting off the steel grey walls in an almost surrealist quality. The sign in front of the base proudly saying “Fort Homefront.” A name which I have always found amusing, I could almost picture some cigar smoking general saying. “Fort Homefront, its brilliant“ as he was blowing smoke rings. Today though was not a day for such lighthearted observations that I have played over in my mind dozens of times. Today was a day for shock, horror, blood and over all others, lead. The first warning came over the radio, warning of missiles. I was in the mess at the time, and when the news was broadcasted there was a mixed response. Some thought it was humorous and rather odd of command to play us as such fools to fall for a joke like that. Others were alarmed, knowing that missiles somehow penetrated out defenses by whatever means we were unaware of. The automatic response was Gas Masks, (after the report was verified of course) with this new age of chemical warfare it was paramount our fighting forces were intact even through the worst of chemical agents. Our second policy was to see to that all civilians were warned, Gas Masks have been a common household item ever since the war started. It wa

“You there!” His voice shattered my thoughts, sending them into whatever abyss my mind was holding.
    “Home Front” I said, remembering his question which I seemed to have cast aside. He looked at me strangely, a expression he seemed to be fond of. “You got out of that bloodbath?” I choked at his response and barely was able to manage the reply. “I guess no one else got out then?” He looked at me with sympathy and twisted around his hold on his gun. “From what I heard I guess so” was his reply. That brought up curiosity to the forefront of my mind, rather then the self-pity that had puddled around my thoughts. “Who told you.” I asked? He looked down at his feet, it was obvious he didn’t want to answer. “You don’- I started to say but he cut me off.

“Someone else who got out, I never got his name. He was killed before he got the chance.” I was about to ask how but he continued before I could. “We were looking for other survivors, when a group of Scavers”. I stopped him there.
    “Hold on, Scavers?” I asked, confused. He gave me another one of his strange looks until, realization flittered across his face. “Oh you must call them something different. There a group of, well I don’t’ know. Civilians with guns I guess, they attacked us and shot him. I was fleeing when I say behind him they were taking his weapons and armor off him.” Oh, Raiders I automatically thought. “You mean Raiders?” He grinned when I said that.
    “Game influenced I assume?” I grinned at that and thought back to when dad showed me the old game Fallout 3, I guess that’s were I pulled the term from. “I guess so” I replied.

“So” I Coughed. “What about the, well you know. Infected?” He seemed to look behind himself on instinct when I said it. So he has seen them. “Yea”. He said. “Took five bullets from my Sniper Rifle.” I had to run away eventually, didn’t want to waste anymore bullets. I looked at him after that, my brain making trillions of micro-calculations. “So that was you?” I asked, thinking of my first and so far only encounter with the Zombies. “What?” He asked, clearly confused.
    “Well” I started about to go into a long recount of my journey until I heard the snap of a branch. Both of us turned around guns raised.

Chapter 4 Considerations
    Trapped inside a cage.
    Within me I rage.
    The world passed by.
    And I don‘t know why.
    The longer I wait.
    In this flesh built crate.
    I wonder when this agony will end.
    -Revised Poem of “Home”

A dark, unclear figure rushed out of the forest brush and into the meadow right into our line of fire. Both me and my new comrade fired off shots at the figure but the bullets reflected off or were absorbed In what looked to be a shield. Realizing my situation, I started backing up firing shot after shot at the approaching figure. Damned shields. I thought. We build them to bloody good. The shields finally collapsed when the Zombie was halfway across the clearing, but only after my new ally pulled out his sniper. What was his name? I thought. I never did ask him. One more shot from my weapon finished it off. “

What’s your name?” I asked as I popped in a fresh clip for my shotgun. It was a odd question to ask at a time like that, which was evident with his reaction. “Denal.” He said simply, similarly changing the clip in his assault rifle, along with the rest of his weapons. I was about to ask what it meant but he seemed to read my mind and said. “Never knew were the name came from” another one of my parents zany ideas I guess. Then another question popped into mind, quite a bit more disturbing then my last one. “Do you think they know?” I stated glancing at Denal. He gave me one of his curious looks and asked “What do you mean?”
    “The Zombies, do you think they know? Are aware?”
    “Aware there going to eat us?” He scoffed.
    “No but do you think the person is still there, unable to control living through a horror show of his own creation?” Denal shivered at that and said, “I sure as hell hope not”.

He popped his rifle onto his back, and took out his shotgun instead. “Its odd,” Denal said. “They usually travel in pa-” He was quickly cut off as a low collection of screams rang out around them, seeming to invade and envelope the air. I quickly brought up my assault rifle, which I switched out from my shot gun long ago. Two figures popped out of the underbrush to the side of us, I quickly turned around and fired off shots, thankfully these ones didn’t have shields. They dropped quickly. 6, 7, 8, 9 I counted as the death toll rose, but they kept on coming. I signaled to Denal that I needed to reload my clip and he stepped in front of me firing shots, I fumbled with the clip a bit but after a bit of annoyance it finally slipped in. I took a step beside him and started to shoot, they were so many I didn’t even have to aim to hit something. The waves eventually receded and, 5 clips later they were gone. “Fuck.” I said. “How many clips do you have left, I’ve got 20.”
    “17” He replied, which wasn’t a surprise since he seemed to fire a bit more sporadically with his rifle.
    “You seem to love to converse ammo eh’?” I asked him sarcastically, expecting a equal reply.
    “Never had to.” He replied simply. “Only with my sniper rifle.”
    “Well, I don’t think a sniper rifle will do you much good anymore.” I said. He sighed at that and said,
    “I guess so.” His eyes seemed to be drooping a bit as he said that, but I decided not to comment and instead said.
    “So, where were you heading to?” I asked him, curious if he had a similar destination in mind.
    “Scott” He replied simply, I grinned at that realizing we had the same place in mine.
    “Me to, though going on foot isn’t the way it seems.” I stated, knowing what his reply was going to be.
    “Yea, I figured that about 200 miles back. Took you this long to figure it out?” He said.
    “Well hunger and thirst was more on my mind” I replied grimly. I thought back to my many days on the road, wait I considered. Was it even days? I didn’t truly know. “Say” I asked “Do you know the date?”
    “Yep” He replied sarcastically “Let me check my pocket calendar here.” He held up his hand, which was obviously full of nothing. “Full of kitten pictures, I’m a cat lover.” I rolled my eyes at that one, suspecting I wasn’t going to know the date for quite some time, perhaps never. I thought back to his previous comment about the car, were In the hell were we going to get one. He seemed to read my mind and said. “I noticed a couple cars up the road, on my way here. I’m not sure if any of them have gas left let alone a key.” I laughed at his comment saying.
    “Oh we don’t need a key.” Thinking back to my time trying to figure out how to hot wire a car as a kid.
    “Oh” He said surprised. “Didn’t think you’d be the one to-” I cut him off, indicating I didn’t want him to finish that sentence. “ Don’t worry, never used it.” Well I thought. We may have our car, and we’ve got our destination, a goal, and perhaps the most important of all. Hope.

TMP-

Brickpocalypse: Rescue

C3 looked around.
    “I think somebody – or something’s watching us.”
    “Of course they are!” Hazard whispered bitterly. He was getting irritated with all of this fighting with raiders, and not enough fighting with zombies. Truth to be told, zombies aren’t much of a threat anymore, or at least for now. Migrants have told of more zombies coming from the east, but that is at the least of their concerns.
    Denal’s wife, Anne, kidnapped when raiders attacked their camp. The raiders spoke French, so naturally they followed a path to France, which is where they are now.

They arrived at a warehouse, on the outskirts of Paris. The area around it was quite a mess; the warehouse was in the middle of a scrap yard. It seemed to blend in with the area.
    This reminds me of Tacland, thought Piece. All dark grey.
    “Interesting,” Dutch said, with his chin resting on his fist. “This building, while shabby, is actually owned by some organized crime. Note the symmetrical shape and ‘décor’. Watch out for those cameras, too, although I doubt there’s anyone watching.”
    Dutch may look like a thug, but he knew his stuff.

The group surrounded the building. Seven fed the cameras a loop from his portable computer, and Dutch and Hazard even got on the roof with sniper rifles from the conveniently placed hole in the ceiling.
    “Get off my shoulder, you fatty,” groaned Mil. They neglected to bring a ladder (who would bring a ladder to rescue missions, anyways?) so Hazard and Dutch had to climb on Mil’s back.
    “Everyone locked and loaded?” Piece was always paranoid, and for once, Denal let him be.
    “Just let me kill those sons of bitches,” he growled.
    “Shh!” C3 leaned closer to the wall. “Somebody’s talking!”

From his laptop, Seven witnessed the conversation with both audio and visuals. An elderly man was pointing a gun at Anne’s chin, and Seven thought it best not to tell Denal this.
    “You will tell me where The Cure is.”
    “I already said, I know nothing. And you obviously know I am of use to you, so you cannot kill me.”
    “Oh really?” The man grinned a most evil grin. “We’ll see about that.”
    He motioned at his guards, both of which seemed to have little or no military training.
    “Kill her. But let me leave, first. The sound of gunfire is most annoying to my ears.”

Piece nodded. “Let’s go. Make sure we have that bastard’s ears bleeding.”
    Denal smiled. “Don’t mind if I do.”

Anyone found inside the building was shot, but the old man was nowhere to be found.
    “He must have used a tunnel,” said C3. “Wacky found a trap door leading underground.”
    “So he lives to kidnap another day,” replied Hazard. “Cowards will run….”
    Anne and Denal embraced while Piece and Mil discussed plans for when they got back. Then a pleasant surprise.
    “Look, sir!” Seven hollered from a distant room. “Droids- I mean, Weapons!”

The Prophecy

After they had picked out their weapons, they started walking back to camp.
    “What’s up with the new lid you’re holding?” Piece asked Dutch, who had found a fedora. He obviously liked it; he replaced it with his years old baseball cap. Piece never found Dutch without that cap, and now he was replacing it.
    “Get a good look, boys and girls. This is probably the first and last time you will see my bare head.”
    Jaws dropped. Dutch was bald, but there was more than that. There was what looked like a scar- no, a birthmark on the back of his head, saying only 2 words: BRICK ARK.
    “I never knew what it was about,” Dutch said, donning his new hat. “Probably some piece of destiny sh*t. never believed in that.”
    Everyone continued to stare at Dutch. “Maybe it had to do with the Brickpocalypse,” Denal said quietly. “Maybe that’s us. Brick Ark. Maybe we’re supposed to destroy these zombies and bring peace back to Earth.”
    “You keep on dreaming,” said C3. “We’re in sh*t so deep we forgot what the sun looks like.”
    “Whatever you say,” replied Denal, and they continued walking.

They were about half a mile away from the camp when they saw Darman run toward them, bleeding and limping heavily like a injured bum begging for alms.
    “T-t-they’re g-g-gone. All g-g-gone. Mil, Hank, S-S-S-Seven, a-a-all of them,” he sputtered, blood spraying out of his mouth.
    “It’s ok, son,” said Piece, putting a hand on his shoulder. “Denal will get you fixed. The rest of us will investigate.”
    Piece, Dutch, Hazard, and C3 sprinted to the flaming camp, probably set off by a knocked over candle. They found 3 skeletons, all bone.
    “Zombies. I knew they would be back.” Piece kneeled down. “Mil was loyal to me, my best friend. Now he’s gone. And I never got to say good-bye.”
    A single tear rolled down his cheek. Piece was usually stoic, often hiding his emotions. Weeping meant a lot.
    Now it was Dutch’s turn to put a hand on Piece’s shoulder. “We’ll get them. Maybe Denal’s right. Perhaps one day, we will eliminate these freaks of nature.”

Dutch and Hazard set up a makeshift tent using some old shanty roofing, similar to those used in slums before the Brickpocalypse. Now it was the best roofing one can get.
    It was a restless night for everyone. Anne was crying nonstop, and Denal was beside her, comforting her. Hazard and Dutch were busy getting supplies and making more temporary shelter. C3 was digging graves, and Piece just sat on a stone, looking at the bodies.
    The skeletons did not leave his sight until the following morning, when they were buried.

Denal-

-Present day
    Denal stared at the graves of his former friends. Mil, loyal, brave, always knew when to be there.
    Hank, the veteran. He’s been fighting the zombie horde since he was born. This wasn’t his time to die.
    Beuatar, the rookie. Cheerful, sligthly annoying, but… Always put a smile on Denal’s face. Seven… A true leader. The main reason why Denal made it this far today…
    “Denal,” C3 anknowledged him has he walked over to the spot where Denal was mourning. “Night is falling. It’s your shift,” Denal nodded and walked dullfully to a wooden ladder which was leaning against an overhang on the roof. He grabbed a sniper leaning lazily on a crate and climbed carefully up the speaky, old, filty, ladder. Once he reached the top, Denal took a position on the roof behind a few munition crates, and a LMG.
    As night fell, Denal began to see things. He began to hear things. His mind was racing with thoughts. Denal’s felt sick. His stomache felt like it was rolling. He started to vomit blood and cry. His eyes were red with soreness. Denal then felt something on his back. He turned around and was face to face with a zombie. The zombie jumped on him and…
    “Ah, fucking shit!” Denal yelled as he woke up from the horrifying dream. Anne climbed up the ladder and asked him, “What happened?”
    Denal, sweating hard, said,”Bad dream,” His eyes were still wide with fear and panic. Anne rolled her eyes and climbed back down the ladder. Denal closed his eyes for a minute and tried to regain some sense. This didn’t help very much since a heard a bunch of noises from the forests surrounding the rubish camp. The horde is coming, and they’ll stop for nothing to get their next meal.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:27 am