Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Apocalypse Driller

Sithassassin
    Sithassassin

Apocalypse Driller Empty Apocalypse Driller

Post  Sithassassin Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:07 pm

So I was trying to build an Apoc vehicle but nothing really came out. So I tried to see if there was an actually LEGO set that I could Apoc-ify. Sure enough I give you the Apoc-ified Power Miners, Granite Grinder.
    Apocalypse Driller 00111

Apocalypse Driller 00311

I also thought that just the Drill wasnt enough so I added the scoop accessory.

Apocalypse Driller 00710

On my flickr there is also a video that shows that when the back wheels move, the drill actually spins, check it out here!

Changed the writing in the inscription box and placed it in the topic. No need for it to be so long.
    VBBN
    VBBN

Photogenic
    Apocalypse Driller Halo

Apocalypse Driller Empty Re: Apocalypse Driller

Post  VBBN Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Nice!
    Design wise,it's very compact and has a nice bulky look. Plus the feature of spinning drill is excellent. ;]
    I love all of the details that it has near the back, and the design overall is well built and sturdy looking.
    Colorwise it's a post-apoc style which I like plenty, however perhaps a little random placement of the brown would help it be a bit more unified.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:27 pm

It is very cool! As VBBN said it is compact, the drill is nice, and a cool apoc MOC! (Yes, the rhyme was on purpose. Razz ) The only thing I think should be changed is the red oil/oxygen tanks in the back. It seems to throw the color off.
    Sithassassin
    Sithassassin

Post  Sithassassin Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Hazard with a Glove wrote:It is very cool! As VBBN said it is compact, the drill is nice, and a cool apoc MOC! (Yes, the rhyme was on purpose. Razz ) The only thing I think should be changed is the red oil/oxygen tanks in the back. It seems to throw the color off.

I added the red tanks to throw off the color, make the eye look at something else rather than being a blank Bley and brown MOC.
    Dutch
    Dutch

Apocalypse Driller Desing10
    Apocalypse Driller Birck_apocApocalypse Driller Customizer_tagApocalypse Driller Army_rank

Post  Dutch Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 am

I like how the drill bit spins. Smile Also the colors are perfect of apoc.
    VBBN
    VBBN

Photogenic
    Apocalypse Driller Halo

Post  VBBN Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 am

Sithassassin wrote:
    Hazard with a Glove wrote:It is very cool! As VBBN said it is compact, the drill is nice, and a cool apoc MOC! (Yes, the rhyme was on purpose. Razz ) The only thing I think should be changed is the red oil/oxygen tanks in the back. It seems to throw the color off.

I added the red tanks to throw off the color, make the eye look at something else rather than being a blank Bley and brown MOC.

You could also throw some bright bricks into the shovel, maybe green or something to represent grass or blue to represent water or something along those lines.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin
    Apocalypse Driller Gold_starApocalypse Driller Birck_apocApocalypse Driller Customizer_tag

Post  Custom 333 Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Very good! It needs some chains or spikes though, it just looks like a mean driller, rather than apoc.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 am