Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Custom 333
Dutch
VBBN
Darman
1 Million Watts of Power
TheMissingPiece
10 posters

How did you get into LEGO?

TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin
    How did you get into LEGO? Admin_tag_with_new_logo
    How did you get into LEGO? Customizer_tagHow did you get into LEGO? Birck_apoc

How did you get into LEGO? Empty How did you get into LEGO?

Post  TheMissingPiece Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Like the title says, tell us how you started building with LEGO.

My story:
    I always had LEGO as a kid, building cars and robots and houses and such. In around 2001, I got my first BIONICLE, Tahu (who didn't get him?). Afterwords, I started buying more and more BIONICLE, a few Toa here, a visorak there, so on. Then I moved, and I still played with BIONICLE until around 2005 or 2006. I was going to get8733 Axon, but I couldn't find it. I waited a few weeks, and they were still out of stock. So, I finally gave up looking for that set and looked at all the other sets. I spotted an A-Wing, which was one of my favorite SW ships (I played Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D) so I picked that up. I bought that and the obsession new hobby began.
    1 Million Watts of Power
    1 Million Watts of Power

Free Admin Spell Checker
    How did you get into LEGO? Birck_apoc

How did you get into LEGO? Empty Re: How did you get into LEGO?

Post  1 Million Watts of Power Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:51 pm

My story: I was really always into Bionicle as a child, but never as much into the actual building bricks of LEGO. But that all changed when I went to my friend's house one day (also how I got into Star Wars). I got a glimpse of the beauty of LEGO when I walked into his room, and saw LEGO sets everywhere. Literally everywhere. He had a huge table completely covered with LEGOs, tubs of LEGO under his bed, all over his shelves, etc. I also got into both Star Wars and LEGOs after playing Lego Star Wars II, and watching Star Wars, episode VI, Return of the Jedi. So that's pretty much the story of how I got into Lego.
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree
    How did you get into LEGO? Birck_apoc

Post  Darman Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:32 pm

My Story: I never really build LEGO as a kid but one day my uncle was visiting and brought me a gift. It was a Bionicle, I really don't remember the set though. From there I got various sets as gifts and bought a few off my own then I started getting into the brick side of LEGO. I sold the Bionicle sets and bought those old mini figure sets, almost a head taller then the current ones and one single piece. From there on I started buying starwars sets joined the CABG and now I keep trying to improve my building skills to this day.
    VBBN
    VBBN

Photogenic
    How did you get into LEGO? Halo

Post  VBBN Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:53 am

My parents bought it for me as a kid. Bionicle was my main focus up until about 2007, thats when my interest in System perked.

I'm not big into buying Lego sets anymore, most ofmy income for my collection goes towards Transformers now. I still MOC a lot,and trade for newer sets.
    Dutch
    Dutch

How did you get into LEGO? Desing10
    How did you get into LEGO? Birck_apocHow did you get into LEGO? Customizer_tagHow did you get into LEGO? Army_rank

Post  Dutch Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 am

When I was just a young boy Maybe 7-8 years old my mom bought me Bionicle sets then around 10 I moved onto the brick building sets mainly the Star wars theme. Now a days I rarely buy any sets more then $20.00 instead I use the money for customizing instead of building.

-Mil
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin
    How did you get into LEGO? Admin_tag_with_new_logo
    How did you get into LEGO? Customizer_tagHow did you get into LEGO? Birck_apoc

Post  TheMissingPiece Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:06 am

Oh, how true. I have to buy LEGO with my own money, and the most pricy set I got was the Hoth Rebel Base (2007).
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin
    How did you get into LEGO? Gold_starHow did you get into LEGO? Birck_apocHow did you get into LEGO? Customizer_tag

Post  Custom 333 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:50 pm

LOL I got one at McDonalds when I was two, been a huge fan ever since. I discovered customizing only a year ago.
    Denal
    Denal

Don't forget to floss!...
    Or else

How did you get into LEGO? Customizer_tag
    How did you get into LEGO? Moc_expertHow did you get into LEGO? Birck_apoc

Post  Denal Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:40 pm

I got into Lego when Bionicle Matoran first came out at McDonalds. As I grew older I got more into Lego Starwars. That was when I became a Clonetard. Nowadays, I'm getting futher away from Starwars and getting into more Apocalypse building. I also started buying my own sets around 11 when I relized how much I owwed my parents for buying me all the Lego's I have today. Most sets I buy are under $20, basically for minifigure parts since that's my specialty with Lego's.
    Shock Trooper
    Shock Trooper

How did you get into LEGO? 4600499100_bcffa22ffc_o

Post  Shock Trooper Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, my story is pretty short. I used to live in Europe and back then when I was Veerry young legos were HUGE! My family bought some and I just recently got to the stage of building "noteworthy" MOC's.
    Biotoakid
    Biotoakid

Post  Biotoakid Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Bionicle, Bionicle, Bionicle. There. I think those are valid reasons. Yes, I've been a fan
    since it first came out. And, I've only had money to buy all the Bionicle. So I'm really
    only a fan of Bionicle..... And Transformers
    Seven
    Seven

Wacky *times 7
    How did you get into LEGO? Regula10
    How did you get into LEGO? Birck_apocHow did you get into LEGO? Army_rank

Post  Seven Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:05 pm

When I was three I was in a toy shop and I said ''I want that cool looking car'' so I got it and bought it home.
    Then i noticed I had to build it!, Oh noes Shocked
    So I built it and got hooked Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:41 pm