Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
customhelmetsman
jj481012
Mr.Thrawn
Hank
Denal
Alpha Beta
Seven
CaptainLock
Dutch
1 Million Watts of Power
Custom 333
TheMissingPiece
Darman
17 posters

Brick Apocalypse.

Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Birck_apoc

Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Empty Re: Brick Apocalypse.

Post  Darman Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Instead of speculating like I can't read your posts you can always ask. Razz No I'm pretty sure if I did Hack then I wouldn't be here right now, more then likley I'd be working on getting past the Pentagons firewalls or something. If I did hack I think that would be pretty neat since the only computer skills I have are limited to the information contained in this flowchart.

Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Xkcd_tech_support_flowchart

I live by this flow chart. Uh and I really never thought of the honored deal much since its never occurred to me recently, but like Seven says Dutch works in mysterious ways.

Edit: Thats funny, the second I posted that I was promoted to honored.
    Alpha Beta
    Alpha Beta

Post  Alpha Beta Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 am

^Lucky. Razz

And lol, great flow chart.

BACK ON TOPIC:
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 am

As you can see from this tutorial.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4558550_write-flashbacks-fiction.html

I am sticking with the Darmans flashback idea, I can't wait to start writing it. I have also looked up several other tutorials, I can not figure out why I did not before.

Action Sequence Tips + Some Dialogue Tips
    http://hollylisle.com/index.php/Workshops/pacing-dialogue-and-action-scenes-your-story-at-your-speed.html

Dialogue Tips
    http://fictionwriting.about.com/od/crafttechnique/tp/dialogue.htm

Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 am

What if Brick Apocalypse happened 5 years earlier? When Denal was still dating his soon to be wife. What if that soon to be wife Anne never survived?

"Go! Go!" My orders rang out across the roadway to Denal, who was crouched behind a piece of concrete which which looked suspiciously like the remains of a gargoyle. He swung up over his cover firing shots as he went and I followed suit. My bullets found there intended mark and two raiders cried out and slouched to the ground, dead or dying. I dove to the ground slamming against the side of a car door, as bullets pinged against the metal. I glanced to my right at Denal, who was as well behind the remains of a car with 3 dead bodies in his wake. He looked at me, his eyes wide with terror. I couldn't blame him this being his first fire fight and all, but my thoughts were cut short as I heard a high pitched shriek fill the air around me. I immediately stiffened and instinctively brought my gun closer to my chest, I wildly looked around desperately trying to find the source of that horrible all to familiar sound. The sound of zombies on the hunt.

Three zombies burst out of a sky scraper directly behind the raiders, fresh blood was on there faces and they had that crazed look in there eyes. The Raiders turned around in terror firing off shots completely forgetting our presence, I threw a look a Denal and he nodded indicating he understood. We both burst out of our cover not wanting to ignore this opportunity this situation provided, with both raiders backs turned they had no idea that death was only seconds away for them. Our shots pierced through there unprotected side and they all fell over clutching there wounds. The zombies completely oblivious to our presence jumped onto the raiders feasting on there remains as they screamed. Disgusted and horrified I shot off another couple shots killing the zombies and raiders. "Denal, you fine with collecting there weapons and ammo?" I called out. He hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "I'm fine, but you should of left these damn low life's to be eaten alive." I glanced at him surprised, but I decided to ignore the comment. I'll talk to him about it later. We both started to walk towards the bodies but then Denal froze, I stopped about to call out to him when he bolted towards the bodies. I was confused, what the hell was he doing? I ran after him, keeping with his pace. When he reached the bodies he stopped and just collapsed on the ground sobbing. I didn't know what to do, I uncomfortably shifted around thinking of what to say when he stopped crying and spoke. "I was going to propose to her, but I was never given the chance." He quietly said. Then it suddenly dawned on me, I took a second look at the zombies and I noticed that one was a women, a women with similarities to who was in the picture Denal always carried around. I didn't know what to say, "Denal" I started but he cut me off.
    "I've always carried around the ring, just hoping she wasn't dead." he said. "I never thought, considered.." He stopped, and pulling out the ring just staring at it. He got up from his position on the floor and rose to one knee. I ran my hand threw my hair which I commonly do when I don't know how to react to a situation. "Better late then never." I heard him say. I then realized what he was going to do, I nearly spoke but thought better of it. "Anne" He choked through his sobs. "Will you marry me?" Obviously there was no response, Denal then just slipped the ring on the remains of his wife Anne and just stood up. Walking away back in the direction of the Camp. I just stayed there watching his figure move across the road as the sun slowly sunk in the sky. I looked at the body of his wife anne, and then looked at the ring box he left lying on the street. I picked it up, he'll want it, and ran off in his direction, into the sunset, as salty tears streamed down my own face.

I think this is my most emotional piece yet. I think I portrayed Denal's reaction fairly well, which was inspired off TMP's latest Moc. A Proposal to a Zombie. If you could not tell this was from Darman's perspective, during the early years of Brick Apocalypse. As always constructive criticism is welcome, I'm anxious to see all of your responses.
    customhelmetsman
    customhelmetsman

No tags...

Post  customhelmetsman Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:03 am

that was a very emotional entry darman. i nearly cried. th music i was listening to a few minutes ago would have gone great with that i think.
    Denal
    Denal

Don't forget to floss!...
    Or else

Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Customizer_tag
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Moc_expertBrick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Birck_apoc

Post  Denal Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:03 am

Wow Darman. That was you most emotional piece yet. Amazing.
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:06 am

Thanks for the positive feedback, and in case any of you are wondering this never happened. This is in a sort of alternate time line.
    customhelmetsman
    customhelmetsman

No tags...

Post  customhelmetsman Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:11 am

if you made movies of these entries i could find some epic music to go with it. it would probably be hard to make movies of these though.
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Admin_tag_with_new_logo
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Customizer_tagBrick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Birck_apoc

Post  TheMissingPiece Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:13 am

Funny enough, this goes with the movie I was planning, albeit edited a ton.
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:15 am

When you say movie do you mean Stop Motion or live action TMP? Oh and that might be a bit difficult CHM, thanks for the suggestion though.
    customhelmetsman
    customhelmetsman

No tags...

Post  customhelmetsman Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:15 am

TheMissingPiece wrote:Funny enough, this goes with the movie I was planning, albeit edited a ton.
    Laughing a couple hours ago i was playing nazi zombies. then i come on here and see a new entry.
    Denal
    Denal

Or else

Post  Denal Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:25 am

New Entry!
    Bullets whizzed past my ear. I shot up immediately and returned fire. I quickly threw my head around to see if there was any cover available. Once I spotted a weathered Humvee 50 yards away. I would never make it, seeing as an explosion hit me from behind. Pain was all I felt. It was like a spear going through my back. I was lying on the ground all most blacked out. I just groaned as two men approached me. One was worn from years of war. You can see it in his eyes. The other one was quite young though. It looked like he just came out of diapers.
    The older man knelt down next to me and touched the pulse on my neck.
    “Well, he’s still alive alright, and he's not apart of the Ark,” he said. “And you’d better be glad,” He turned sharply to the younger man and shook him.
    “What were you thinking!” His voice roared. “I told you not to fire unless he fired. Recruits these days,”
    The younger man seemed quite hurt from the veteran’s harsh words, but just stood there silently.
    “I suppose you can radio in for a medical unit, or is that to hard for you?” The older man then turned back towards me while the other one called for some sort of support. He told me something, but I couldn’t understand. My vision became blurrier and blurrier until it turned black.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Gold_starBrick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Birck_apocBrick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Customizer_tag

Post  Custom 333 Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:12 pm

customhelmetsman wrote:
    TheMissingPiece wrote:Funny enough, this goes with the movie I was planning, albeit edited a ton.
    Laughing a couple hours ago i was playing nazi zombies. then i come on here and see a new entry.
    ...and?
    Alpha Beta
    Alpha Beta

Post  Alpha Beta Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Gives me an idea for a moc, nice job Darman.

@Denal: Nice entry, love the idea of a veteran, and recruit, another idea for a pre-apacolypse moc. Very Happy Very Happy
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin
    Brick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Customizer_tagBrick Apocalypse. - Page 14 Birck_apoc

Post  TheMissingPiece Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Darman wrote:When you say movie do you mean Stop Motion or live action TMP? Oh and that might be a bit difficult CHM, thanks for the suggestion though.
    Stop-Motion. It was the brickfilm I was planning a while ago. I made a topic, remember?
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 pm

So that was the entry you were talking about? Isn't exactly beefy but I'm looking forward to what you have planned. Good job.
    Denal
    Denal

Or else

Post  Denal Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:16 am

I was alone starring into a dark forest. Nothing was in sight. Thoughts poured into my mind and started filling the dark places with images. Then the ground began to shake. I woke.
    My eyes were still brimmed with tears of pain when light finally flooded back into me. I tried to get up, but then a hand, a soft gentle hand, like one of a caring father or mother settled myself back down.
    “Nice of you to finally wake up!” a man with a bushy moustache yelled. I wondered why he was yelling. I looked around and realized I was in a vehicle. A Humvee to be exact. It sure wasn’t a comfortable ride. Every fucking rock the vehicle hit it bounced up and down so violently that it felt like we were all going to fly out of the fucking vehicle. I then noticed the pain in my back was depleting. I reached back and felt a warm, gel-like substance on my back. I slid my finger across it and sniffed it. It smelled fucking bad. By bad I mean bad. It was so bad that I puked out of the window. I wiped the so-called shit smelling healing aid on the door and looked towards the front of the vehicle. My eyes met the humorous eyes of the veteran man.
    “It’s supposed to help heal your back. It’s not febreeze,” he said laughing.
    My mouth turned into a big smile, “What is this stuff?” I asked with out giving shit to the shit-smelling stuff.
    “It’s some type of healing herb. I don’t know. You should really ask Jerome here,” he said acknowledging the driver of the vehicle. One thing I noticed about Jerome… Was that he was black. Not being racist or anything. Another thing I guessed right away when he first began to talk. He was from the ghetto. So a ghetto man put herbs on my back… Crazy day.
    “’n the ghetto, ‘m mama came up with ‘n ‘erb,” he said in his silly ghetto accent. You know what, forget this shit. I’m just going to write this down in regular English form.
    “You rub it on their backs and it heals the pain,” he paused for quite a while.
    “Is that it?” I asked surprised that that was all he had to say.
    “Yes, my boy. That’s it,” when he finished his ghetto shit sentence, a voice came from the, by the looks of it, ghetto-shit radio.
    -Panther 10? Reading?
    Ghetto man Jerome replies in his ghetto voice…
    -Reading
    -What the fuck? You’re reading while you’re driving?
    -No… You said…
    -I don’t care what you say nigger, I said no reading ghetto stuff while driving!
    -Racist Bitch!
    -Ghetto jizz in the pants
    The bushy moustache veteran would break up the weird argument a few minutes later after getting his daily dose of racist medicine.
    -Enough of this shit already. Commander, what’s the status of the area?
    -Clear for now, we have a convoy of vehicles bring in supplies enroute to camp. I want you to join them. Once you reach the intersection heading down Montauge Rd. Oh, and I hear you have a new man aboard your humvee. Tell him we found some of his friends. Some are in that convoy that you are about to join and I already have one here at camp.
    -Yes sir. I’m sure he would be happy.
    - Shit! Be advised, hostiles were spotted on Montauge. Be advised.
    I didn’t listen to anymore of their conversation. My world just turned upside up. I’ll be able to meet my friends again. And most of all. I’ll get to see Anne. My dearest wife. I remem… My very nice thought would be interrupted once Mr. Ghetto Jerome would begin speaking again.
    “Convoy spotted! Joining them now,” I peeked out of the open window and starred at the convoy. My eyes were searching the group of 3 vehicles for my friends. I soon spotted Hazard and C3. My eyes were soon brimming with tears of joy. They started to role down my cheeks when I spotted my dearest Anne looking out the biggest vehicle. She waved to me. I waved back. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing could’ve stopped the road mine, the RPG round, and the Ark.
    Did I ever tell you about the time I first went fishing? Yes, it was during the Brick Apocalypse. What a splendid time! So I was just standing by that filthy lake you see. All of a sudden Anne comes and gives me a make-shift fishing pole. I cast it into the lake, and as soon as I cast it something immediately grabbed it. I was so fucking scared I grabbed my shotgun and shot the spot where the hook went in. I dead zombie floated up and I just stared at it. Just like the time I stared at Jerome…
    My eyes drifted from my end of the humvee. I groaned in pain flipped onto my back. The pain was of great scale I couldn’t even hold in my scream. I felt the same fatherly hand touch my head. I looked in the direction from where it came from. It was the old veteran. I cried when I looked at him. He had glass in his side and he was bleeding pretty bad from a wound in his head.
    “Go,” he said.
    “No, I’m not leaving you,” tears were beginning to increase in number. The smell of gas would soon fill the small space.
    “Go boy!” the man yelled. With a last ounce of strength he pulled his dog tags from his neck and shoved them into my chest.
    “Go!”
    “I’ll always remember you,” I said choking in grief. He smiled and passed. I grabbed his SCAR and kicked open the fucking door. I took one last look at the old veteran and closed his eyes for him. I said my last words to him.
    “I only knew you for an hour, and you meant more to me than a few people that I’ve known for a lifetime,”
    I would crawl out of the Humvee and pushed the sad thought aside. My goal was to find my friends now. I would spot TJ’s squeals as he was getting eaten alive by a few stray zombies. I didn’t give a shit about him or the zombies and shot all of them. I ran around the humvee and saw the massive scale of the battle. The NUS was outnumbered 3-1. All of their vehicles were destroyed. I saw Hazard, C3, TMP, and I even saw 1 Mil grouped together taking cover and firing at the advancing Ark troops, but no Anne. I then heard a scream.
    “Denal!” I looked around. “Denal!” It was Anne. I looked down the road and saw her. She was being taken away by a few Ark soldiers. I didn’t care about anyone else. I aimed down the SCAR’s red dot scope and began to shoot down the Ark troopers surrounding her. I continued firing, but then more Ark soldiers would fire at me. I had just enough time to tell to Anne.
    “Anne! Stay alive! Don’t give up! I’ll find you wherever they take you,” Grief choked me,” I will find you,”
    I stood there and watched her get taken away. I broke down crying.
    “I will find you.”
    Denal
    Denal

Or else

Post  Denal Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:19 am

Sorry about the very intentional double post, but my internet kept screwing up at the size of my last entry when I tried to edit it to put in my little note at the end.
    Well... I just have to say this. I felt like that was my best entry... It seriously looked longer on Microsoft word though.
    Alpha Beta
    Alpha Beta

Post  Alpha Beta Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:08 pm

LOL, TJ is being eaten alive.

Being serious, wow, a great entry, and you were so close to being reunited with Anne too, great job.
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin

Post  TheMissingPiece Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Yessssssssss............

Now, time to start a mini-MOC series - The Search for Anne!
    Darman
    Darman

The *Facepalm* Tree

Post  Darman Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Hm, Very nice Denal. This gives me a couple ideas..
    TheMissingPiece
    TheMissingPiece

Unaware Admin

Post  TheMissingPiece Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:04 am

<ahem>
    Another entry by moi. Very Happy

I caught up to Denal.
    "Wait. You can't go like this."

"Why shouldn't I? If she dies, nothing matters to me anymore. If she dies, I might as well die myself. If she dies....."

"You need backup."

Average Company emerged behind me. Denal smiled for the first time in what seemed like ages.

"I also need to teach you some Tier 1 maneuvers."

Later, Darman came back with intel.

"Those guys are heading north, toward Paris."

"Of course they are," I said. "When they left, I heard them say 'Au Revoir, Monsieur.'"

"West it is," Dutch said. Almost all hands were on deck, albeit without Alpha Beta and Beartaur.

"Frechies, eh?" said Hazard. "Ah well, never liked escargots anyways."

"Look on the bright side," said C3. "At least they ain't Russian. Some of those Mafia guys are prettty touchy."

"I wonder why those guys took her," wondered Seven, half aloud, half to himself. "Maybe it has to do with her resurrection."

"It doesn't matter," said Denal, with a bit of anger. "We just need to kill those bastards."

"Fine," Dutch shrugged. "Be that way."

Alpha Beta
    Alpha Beta

Post  Alpha Beta Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 am

Wow, pretty good, makes me want to post a story. Embarassed
    1 Million Watts of Power
    1 Million Watts of Power

Free Admin Spell Checker

Post  1 Million Watts of Power Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 am

"I've found it. Dear Lord I've found it. After months of starvation and thirst... My journey is over. They doubted me, but I did it. I'm on my way back to where I hope camp still is. I wonder if they're still alive? How much has changed? Who cares. This long period of hell on earth is over. Brickapocylapse-- You're mine."

A small entry that I think is somewhat anticipated. I hope you enjoyed it. Smile

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

The dust was clearing, my whole body was aching, but I could at least open my eyes and see the dust settling back don to the heated sands of what were once the streets of Chicago. For months I have been out here--stranded. In a 'city' filled with nothing but horror. I don't know why I fight, I just do. Giving in seems so much easier--just let it go, there's nothing to live for. Whatever allies I had at sometime are gone. They escaped. I've been out here for months, waiting for a sign. I found this journal torn, but still usable, so, if anyone finds me, they'll know what happened.
    It seemed as though the day would never end. First thing this morning that happened, was the raiding of my 'home'. I left for a few moments to get something, and when I returned, there was nothing, my one area of somewhat sanctuary was gone. I wandered around for endless hours. With little hope, I stepped down the continuous streets in the shadow of the skyscrapers long since abandoned and pillaged. Then, I saw something. By chance there was some sort of shiny object at the end of the road. I walked up to it and picked it up. I could here a faint beeping noise, and I realized it wasn't what I thought it was. I threw it across the street, but not in time. It blew up in mid-flight, and I was launched into one of the windows of a nearby building. I felt the collision with some sort of concrete support beam, and then my sight went black.

What do you guys think? My first entry in a while though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 am